Am I the only one who dosen't like the Dillinger Escape Plan?

Jean-Pierre said:
The 'Metal'core of today is horrible. You're looking at a perspective from a Thrash/Traditional/Speed Metal-er, and there is NOTHING that I see in Metalcore that represents REAL METAL. Cro-Mags was fun, but if you take them and add Dissection and Iron Maiden with a cold and you'll have the entirety of this horrible horrible new Metalcore movement in a nutshell. :puke:
Like I said, you (and others) are probably looking in the wrong places. When you want quality black metal, do you go to the Nuclear Blast and Century Media websites? Same thing applies here. Again, you're probably looking at the mediocre God Forbid and Shadows Fall or the abysmal Darkest Hour. The juicy stuff is in the underground, just like quality metal.

Granted, the bands I named aren't 100% metalcore (stupid name), but are part of the "post hardcore" (equally stupid name) movement. But -core is -core to me, no matter what prefix you decide to give it.

Well, you're referring to more Crossover punk/thrash/hardcore kind of bands, but some of them can also fall into the Metalcore category (like the Cro-Mags). The stuff that most Metal-ers want dead nowadays is the "As I Lay Dying" "Black Dahlia Murder" "Killswitch Engage" "All Out War" crowd. Absolute shit, all of it.

"Haha you all can't handle technically mind-blowing hardcore."

Yes, I can't handle structureless music and moronic lyrics.

Jean-Pierre said:
The stuff that most Metal-ers want dead nowadays is the "As I Lay Dying" "Black Dahlia Murder" "Killswitch Engage" "All Out War" crowd. Absolute shit, all of it.
Yes, crap.

Again, you people are listening to the wrong bands. Look further underground. Just like metal, usually the better -core bands are found in the underground.

DEP is the Opeth of -core. A mere introductory band that pseudo-intellectual fans rave about, but ultimately, the band is irrelevant.

This whole thread is pathetic.

I'm no big DEP fan (all I own is the Mike Patton EP) but in a live setting they whipped the asses of just about every thrash/black/death metal band I've seen, and I've been to ALOT of shows.

Secondly, saying Metalcore sucks because As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage are horrid makes as much sense as saying Black metal sucks because Dimmu Borgir are sonic vomit.

Thirdly, and finally, the term "Metalcore" is gayer than a bowl of change.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
O.k to prove that this band is utterly gay. The dude next to me at work just put up a Dilleger escape plan wallpaper.
....Let the Metal Flow \m/
The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Now that you called Opeth irrelevant...You've gone and thrown out any integrity your opinions have in my eyes. Plus this thread is based entirely on the discussion of DEP. You're making this thread into a whole topic on metalcore. That's as if this thread was about Dimmu Borgir and after the band got belittled 10 times over you come ranting and raving about underground black metal bands. Let's keep it on topic people.
Wasn't it you who brought "metalcore" into the discussion by saying "Metalcore must die."? Yeah, thought so.

Think about it (if you can). DEP and Opeth are both praised by faux-intellectuals as being revolutionary. They are not.

DEP and Opeth are both introductory bands to their respective genres, nothing more.

I'm not saying either band sucks or anything, just that there are countless better bands to be found if the listener is willing to search. Judging -core based on one overrated band like DEP is like judging metal on the overrated Opeth.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Now that you called Opeth irrelevant...You've gone and thrown out any integrity your opinions have in my eyes.

Opeth is overrated horseshit that is barely even METAL, let alone "Progressive" "Death" "Metal" (yeah right).

"I'm no big DEP fan (all I own is the Mike Patton EP) but in a live setting they whipped the asses of just about every thrash/black/death metal band I've seen, and I've been to ALOT of shows."

You clearly have not seen Gorguts live.

LordFireworm said:
This whole thread is pathetic.

I'm no big DEP fan (all I own is the Mike Patton EP) but in a live setting they whipped the asses of just about every thrash/black/death metal band I've seen, and I've been to ALOT of shows.

Secondly, saying Metalcore sucks because As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage are horrid makes as much sense as saying Black metal sucks because Dimmu Borgir are sonic vomit.

Thirdly, and finally, the term "Metalcore" is gayer than a bowl of change.

Focusphere said:

"I'm no big DEP fan (all I own is the Mike Patton EP) but in a live setting they whipped the asses of just about every thrash/black/death metal band I've seen, and I've been to ALOT of shows."

You clearly have not seen Gorguts live.
I certainly have not.
However, I don't recall saying I've seen every metal band in the world...

AllWithinMyMonster said:
He clearly hasn't seen many bands live. I question the fact that he has ever been to any live performance. Lordworminhispants sounds like a hermit who fears his own shadow. You are the Lord of lollygagging limpdicks. But being a 23 yr old festering queer who depends on his mother to pick out what socks he'll wear and when can be quite problematic. I suggest you save up some of your allowance (rather than wasting it on metalcore) and purchase some hygiene products. The end result of following these instructions can result in surprising rewards. ;)

In closing.....

Can we be friends you faggot?
I swear to God, you have the most inane and trite insults.
So I have a limp dick, I'm gay and I live with my parents? Anything else? Maybe I like to drink pee and eat poop out of a dog's butt?

Please pick up a book and read, for your imagination is severely lacking, dear boy.

I love the way people who know absolutely nothing about metalcore other than As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage bitch and moan about it. AILD and KSE are horrible bands, just like all of the other metalcore bands out there who rip off (insert melo-death band here). Whining is for goths, stop it.

...and just to add my little opinion. I think metalcore kicks ass. The scene itself is retarded and currently trendy as fuck, but I just can't get over those choppy breakdowns. I personally love those riffs that are just perfect to headbang too. I totally understand how someone could hate that kind of shit though...to each his own I guess.

LordFireworm said:
I swear to God, you have the most inane and trite insults.
So I have a limp dick, I'm gay and I live with my parents? Anything else? Maybe I like to drink pee and eat poop out of a dog's butt?

Please pick up a book and read, for your imagination is severely lacking, dear boy.

I'm suprised he hasn't said anything about fat people yet.