Most overrated bands

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
Yeah I must like nu metal bullshit since I think 2 of the most talked about bands in metal existence are overrated. Suffocation is a generic death metal band that spawned a thousand other generic death metal bands that sound EXACTLY the same as them. Metallica had 4 good albums and the rest are total shit and they are praised as THE metal band.
maybe its just me but i think that the thing about metallica that bugs people the most is that just as they were moving away from their metal origins is right about the time that the media started calling them the best metal band in the world completely ignoring the rest of the entire metal scene for years to come. sure they were the most popular and most likely still on a worldwide basis but there was much more interesting stuff being done that was just as worthy of attention.....but it wasn't radio-friendly and hence left behind. but hey, what does the media really know any way? System of a down just had a concert here and a review in one of the local papers referred to how edgy they are and treated them like some underground band that goes against everything commercial when they've actually become just as commercial as metallica or nickelback or anything else on rock radio.

How the fuck are BAN and DSO artsy.

Or if you weren't calling them artsy (which I see as a good possibility), how the fuck are they overrated. Overrated is Iron Maiden, COB, Opeth, etc...

Slayer is overrated even though the band was great at one point.

5 solid albums and an e.p, then 15 years of crap. The band will go down as a mallcore band if they stick around for another 5,10 years. It's hard for me to listen to old slayer and metallica at this point especially with their new songs.

I don't think anyone thinks old slayer is overrated. I think people are realizing slayer is overrated because the band has not had any quality albums in 15 years. I don't know about anyone else but things like this make me realize my favorite bands are probably not as good as people make them out to be.

The Greys said:
I don't think anyone thinks old slayer is overrated. I think people are realizing slayer is overrated because the band has not had any quality albums in 15 years. I don't know about anyone else but things like this make me realize my favorite bands are probably not as good as people make them out to be.

Ex-Cally-Boo and Cairath think that Old Slayer is overrated. And actually Divine Intervention was a very good album. It doesn't deserve the shit it gets. THere is nothing wrong with it.

Anyone that thinks Priest is overrated is a faggot and has never heard Stained Class.

Necuratul said:
Anyone that thinks Priest is overrated is a faggot and has never heard Stained Class.
... or Sad Wings or Sin after Sin or Defenders or Screaming or Unleashed...

The Greys said:

Meh, I couldn't give a rat's ass whether or not the brilliance of Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood came about due to the conscious genius of the artists or just blind luck. It's totally irrelevant to the quality of said Slayer era.

Necuratul said:
Stained Class is their best though.

maybe. depends on what youre lookin for out of priest. awesome cd though. priest was probably the only band i know who could get away with having some blatant pop overtones in their metal without people crying sellout.

Necuratul said:
I don't think a handful of old men praising Black Sabbath merits them being overrated rly. The only people that are avid Metal fans that consider Black Sabbath to be the greatest band ever tend to be diehard traditional doom metal enthusiasts, and they're a dying breed. People hardly know who Black Sabbath is, and frankly, half of their material is very UNDERRATED. Nobody pays attention to Black Sabbath if Ozzy or Dio isn't there.
Eggmotherfuckinsackly! Listen to the opus Born Again with Ray Gillen
from Deep Purple the riffs are amazing and i need to start checking out
the Tony Martin era material it gets high merits in the old school forum.