Most overrated bands

Thoth-Amon said:
I.E. they are the original metal band. Without them no other metal bands would exist.
They were indeed the first band to cross over the line from rock into metal. Some of their songs are borderline rock, but most of their tracks are clearly metal (Children of the Grave, Into the Void, Electric Funeral, etc.). Perviously Led Zeppelin (who were not metal by any stretch of the imagination) were the heaviest band around, and then Black Sabbath came along and took it a step further with heavier songs and darker lyrics.

Life Sucks said:
They were indeed the first band to cross over the line from rock into metal. Some of their songs are borderline rock, but most of their tracks are clearly metal (Children of the Grave, Into the Void, Electric Funeral, etc.). Perviously Led Zeppelin (who were not metal by any stretch of the imagination) were the heaviest band around, and then Black Sabbath came along and took it a step further with heavier songs and darker lyrics.

So what is your point? How does this make them overrated in any fashion?

immo said:
And someone please explain why are Bathory, Burzum and Summoning overrated.

the fact that you listed a band you hadn't heard, means your second post isnt worth responding to *noting i only think burzum is overrated of those 3*

black sabbath isnt overrated LS. you usually have pretty wicked tastes, but you're wrong on this one :)

I don't think a handful of old men praising Black Sabbath merits them being overrated rly. The only people that are avid Metal fans that consider Black Sabbath to be the greatest band ever tend to be diehard traditional doom metal enthusiasts, and they're a dying breed. People hardly know who Black Sabbath is, and frankly, half of their material is very UNDERRATED. Nobody pays attention to Black Sabbath if Ozzy or Dio isn't there.

Personally, it's a mystery to me why so many people enjoy Solefald. While The Linear Scaffold is pretty decent, the two albums after it were so mediocre it's laughable. Shit vocals, boring songs hiding in a sea of oh-look-at-us-we're-differentisms. Borecore to the max.

Arcturus is another one. In fact, most arty black metal sucks manmeat.

Deathsmell Omega and Blut Aus Nord belong in We're Overrated Territory.

J. said:

Totally agree with Arcturus, Blut Aus Nord and you can add Ulver too (can't believe I forgot that). Also, DSO is overrated I guess - but they are still good.

byrne said:
Totally agree with Arcturus, Blut Aus Nord and you can add Ulver too (can't believe I forgot that). Also, DSO is overrated I guess - but they are still good.

Have you still only heard Blood Inside?

:rolleyes:

byrne said:

Blut Aus Nord is actually deserves what they get. Fretless shit is hard to play man. I love Arcturus and yes the are overrated.

J. said:
Personally, it's a mystery to me why so many people enjoy Solefald. While The Linear Scaffold is pretty decent, the two albums after it were so mediocre it's laughable. Shit vocals, boring songs hiding in a sea of oh-look-at-us-we're-differentisms. Borecore to the max.

Hmmm. If you don't have an appreciation for a genre, you're hardly qualified to claim any of them as overrated.