Most Overrated Band

^ Yeah, AC/DC have done nothing innovative, they're music has been pure regression back from the day the band was formed

Innovation, at times, is showing the finger to changing fads. Evolution is for suckers.

AC/DC have done nothing to innovate. Fair enough. And i think sticking to one strain of hard-blues-rock for over 30 years now is innovation in itself. Look at opeth, they have been around for a fraction of that time and we already have had WS and Damnation.

I don't sit on the edge of my seat, biting my nails every time AC/DC release an album thinking, "Is this going to suck like the last one?" No! I don't 'cause they are yet to disappoint me.

Me and the other gazillion AC/DC fans will always continue to salute the boys. Period.

PS: Another band that is overrated in Nickelback. I hereby announce a bounty - $5000 (thats a fair amount for those lame ass fucks)

Qpersonally COF are my #3 favorite band and always will be because their creativity and catchy level are amazing and there is no band that sounds like them. Granted, they have disapointed me greatly with Thornography and somewhat with Godspeed, I still love all their stuff and I'm glad they haven't resorted to breaking up or doing something they didn't have inspiration to do.

Even bands like Slipknot, Mudvayne, Tool, Bon Jovi, ect ect have some great songs and the memebers of the bands deserve respect because they truly are talented. They're not Opeth or Dimmu running around, but Tool is especially a great band. Just these bands make "simpler" types of music, and thus, is more appriciated by more people because of how many people can connect to it without having to over-analyze (unlike Opeth's music).

And about Dimmu, I think most of their songs sound bleh and kinda run together (especially on In Sorte), but i think Death Cult Armegeddon is one of the best black metal/symphotic metal songs known to man.

Now, I'm say one band that I do think is highly over rated and it might upset some since the singer is dead, but I honestly think Nirvana is overated. There's nothing that catches me with their music. (Metallica is overrated too but even they have a few good songs.) Oh yeah, and bands like Nile and Iced Earth...they are overrated how? Overrated means = far liked beyond deserving it (and usually by lots of people). I didn't know that anyone beyond this forum knows who Nile is, and the last time I seen a Iced Earth shirt at hottopic was 4 years ago. Not that I like either band tho.

I wouldn't necessarily call CoF overrated these days, because not a lot of people rate them anymore. Up until post-Midian, they actually released some pretty decent albums. They then became too popular for their own good and seriously lost their chops. Around the Midian era they were certainly overrated, and shortly thereafter, but these days barely anyone in the metal community (and definitely not in the underground) has a good word to say about them.

Dimmu are definitely overrated, on the other hand. I've found that many of their albums seem to follow a similar pattern in that they'll start of off with a great track - such as 'Progenies of the Great Apoocalypse' or 'Blessings Upon the Throne of Tyranny' - but then fail to follow it up. Their albums always seem chock full of filler, they've got a major problem with consistency. Furthermore they fail to fully realise the potential of having ICS Vortex on board, he should be their trump card but he's completely underutilised.

Both Dimmu and Cradle are very average black metal bands. There's so much better stuff around these days, such as Negura Bunget or Deathspell Omega, that render them both painfully weak and unnecessary..