Most Overrated Opeth Album?

Most overrated Opeth album?

• Total voters

in limbow

wobmil ni
Sep 9, 2005
United States
What do you think is their most overrated release?
I would have to go with Still Life. I love it, but it's not a masterpiece as some would claim. Plus, that production.... anywhoo..

i think orchid is pretty over-rated, i find it funny someone talking about an opeth album being over-rated when they have a jimmy hendrix avatar, now THAT is over-rated stuff

I don't see how Orchid is overrated. I've seen many people say they flat out don't like it.

I'd have to say Morningrise...I know a lot of people think that this is their "masterpiece," but I just don't find it as good as the others. Nectar and Advent are awesome, but I've never really gotten into the others that much. Keep in mind that I'm talking about the album versions of these songs; TNATSW live is pretty cool.

I had to say Deliverance. There are no songs that I can sit through without getting bored on that album, and for many, it seems to be their 'heavy as fuck d00d' album. Masters Apprentice and the title track are quite good. But woefully overrated. MAYH and GR come close behind.

How in the world is Deliverance overrated? No matter if you love it or hate it, it's underrated if anything. Most Opeth fans aren't that into it, or forget about it. Everyone goes on and on about Still Life and BWP, those are very good candidates for most overrated, depending on of course your personal opinion of them. Morningrise also gets a lot of praise especially by hardcore Opeth fans. I just don't think Deliverance is very "overrated" at all because it's not that highly "rated" by a lot of people in the first place, that's all.

Deliverance = Best Album

It has Wreath, Deliverance, A Fair Judgement, AND Masters Apprentice(which has the greatest ending ever) and it's overrated? Da fuck outta here.

Morningrise easily.

How in the world is Deliverance overrated? No matter if you love it or hate it, it's underrated if anything. Most Opeth fans aren't that into it, or forget about it. Everyone goes on and on about Still Life and BWP, those are very good candidates for most overrated, depending on of course your personal opinion of them. Morningrise also gets a lot of praise especially by hardcore Opeth fans. I just don't think Deliverance is very "overrated" at all because it's not that highly "rated" by a lot of people in the first place, that's all.

deliverance is revered by lots of people, especially those new to the band who only appreciate the "DUH DUH heavy as fuck goat horns" side of music. be careful making generalizations.