Controversial Opeth Opinions

I can't see a fair end if I start a discussion, I let the stick be a rock here.

Well you can connect somewhat high pitched vocals to black metal but A) they're not honestly that high pitched and B) there's plenty of other high pitched vocals in other genres. It really has none of the other characteristics. Maybe lyrical content is similar to some bands, but honestly you'd be better off arguing that if it were satanist lyrics.

I was mainluy focusing on the instruments. Forest of october is very black metal-ish to me.
nonetheless, I don't like it.

well, regarding instruments....yea i see absolutely no comparison except the very occasional tremolo picking in the first part of forest of october - and considering it's just one part and black metal didn't invite tremolo picking...yea...no..

Shut up. Fantastic music and it also helps people who are more into black metal stuff to reach Opeth. Like those who are Dream Theater (and such) fans who will get into Opeth better when listening to Ghost Reveries or Watershed. I hope I interpreted the word "blow" the right way, since you don't seem to like these two albums. Start off with Morningrise and give it a couple of listens.

obv i own every opeth cd and have listened to all many times, lol i own one of the first pressings of orchid \m/... still my least fav album though, i listen to them now and again

Edit: Them as in 1 and 2

Shut up. Fantastic music and it also helps people who are more into black metal stuff to reach Opeth. Like those who are Dream Theater (and such) fans who will get into Opeth better when listening to Ghost Reveries or Watershed. I hope I interpreted the word "blow" the right way, since you don't seem to like these two albums. Start off with Morningrise and give it a couple of listens.

:erk:

The first two destroy the most recent two. It took me a while to get into Orchid and Morningrise but once I did, I pissed everyone off. Advent, night & silent, twilight/robe, forest of oct? Your Opinion is shit, die.

OPETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps, death to people who leave their shopping cart in the parking lot!!!!!:devil:

I've listened to both extensively. I guess saying they suck is a bit harsh - they only suck in comparison to every other Opeth album. There's things I like about Orchid and Morningrise (the clean sections in particular) as well as certain songs but overall, I'm just not a huge fan.

By the way, there's no such thing as a shit opinion.

there's no such thing as a shit opinion.
Thats your opinion. I believe people who make such strong statements without backing it up with a single bit of brain activity, yeah its shit and so is your way of thinking. Now go eat shit and listen to the grand conj.

PS. Cuntface is also a dickface, go play in traffic you fucking toolbag.

:hotjump:DEATH TO CUNTFACE!:hotjump:

I'm saying it by experience; one of my friend who has been pretty much only into black metal has discovered them progressively through those two albums.

This applies as well for, for example, In Flames. Their first albums (before Whoracle, I think) were pretty much like black metal, though it was pretty much different than Opeth. Nevertheless we can't deny that it approaches black metal more than the newer stuff (both bands).

Anyway thanks for explaining your point so well so I can better explain myself.

Bloodbath is more likley to kill birds than Opeth as long as Mikael was the frontman.

Their last singer was better than Mikael in my opinion. Notice that I don't know what the expression "kill birds" really means.

Thats your opinion. I believe people who make such strong statements without backing it up with a single bit of brain activity, yeah its shit and so is your way of thinking. Now go eat shit and listen to the grand conj.

PS. Cuntface is also a dickface, go play in traffic you fucking toolbag.

:hotjump:DEATH TO CUNTFACE!:hotjump:

lol

Well yea, just like a beatles song that uses electric guitars is much closer to death metal than blackbird.

but you don't think the first two are closer to black metal, than the latter ones are? cause that's what I said in my first post.