"The Drapery Falls" Is Opeth At Their Haunting Best!

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
That's cool! :cool:

I think it was instant for me...like "Harvest!"

Right, it's like 5/8 5/8 5/8 4/4. I can't for the life of me figure out the first part though.

Originally posted by Vortex
It's a one of a kind journey ... definitely a grower.

What a signature over there I see... well, StorTroll is StorTroll.. ;)

Guess who´s staring at me right now? I give you a hint. The person is in a shape of a bottle...

The first I ever heard of Opeth was when I read an article on them in Kerrang! (yeah, a bit sad I know) and they sounded pretty weird so I went online, read some reviews of BWP and got quite interested in all the praise. I went onto AG and set my satellite to download all of BWP overnight. The next day I stuck-on The Drapery Falls first because it had the coolest name IMO, and I thought to myself something like 'holy fuck! this is amazing! what the fuck have I been missing for so fucking long! aaaahhhhhh!' and I ordered the album within minutes. I think maybe i've overplayed it a bit; The Drapery Falls for me has lost some it's truly magical impact when I listen to it, and Bleak, Dirge and The Leper Affinity have gone way-up in my favour, but I still think, objectively, as far as feel, grandeur and atmosphere go, The Drapery Falls is the best song on BWP and is a masterpeice of emotive songwriting.

There is something extremley awesome about having three great songs like bleak, harvest, and The Drapery Falls right next to each other on an album.

Absolutely.

I haven't quite played "The Drapery Falls" enough for the magic to fade, so there's still magic to be heard!

Although I did overplay "Harvest."

Originally posted by SculptedCold
The first I ever heard of Opeth was when I read an article on them in Kerrang! (yeah, a bit sad I know) and they sounded pretty weird so I went online, read some reviews of BWP and got quite interested in all the praise. I went onto AG and set my satellite to download all of BWP overnight. The next day I stuck-on The Drapery Falls first because it had the coolest name IMO, and I thought to myself something like 'holy fuck! this is amazing! what the fuck have I been missing for so fucking long! aaaahhhhhh!' and I ordered the album within minutes. I think maybe i've overplayed it a bit; The Drapery Falls for me has lost some it's truly magical impact when I listen to it, and Bleak, Dirge and The Leper Affinity have gone way-up in my favour, but I still think, objectively, as far as feel, grandeur and atmosphere go, The Drapery Falls is the best song on BWP and is a masterpeice of emotive songwriting.

Good that you discovered Opeth but forget Kerrang!, they´re 97% bullshit. I guess you know Terrorizer...stick with it!!!

I actually don't read any music publications, other than internet zines. I doubt I could get any paper-based ones around these parts other than Kerrang, which I have no interest in anyway.

UK based mags are better than American. American mags write shit about P.O.D, Blink 182, Korn and other crap, whatever they can get hold of....

I agree completely. And I'm from the U.S., so I know firsthand...