Video guitar lesson with Mike, Peter and Martin - The Drapery Falls

IAmTheAntichrist

...but I love you
Feb 28, 2004
USA (Rochester, NY)
anyone notice how in the second video he explains why he uses riffs that, by themselves, would sound awful..?

well he says that they do it to explore the guitar more becuz other bands explore and try new things by bringing in another vocalist or keyboarder...

so as Opeth explores their guitars, in comes Per..lol i just found it a little ironic

Looking for a Job said:
it's like someone bumped a thread from three years ago! wow!

good video

scarlett_johansson2.jpg

:oops:

Ah man, I bet we'll be seeing so many more threads like this popping up in the next few months, as Opeth becomes more and more popular.

Good vid though! It's quite cool watching them playing a heavy song like that on clean electric guitars.

taken by the reaper said:
anyone notice how in the second video he explains why he uses riffs that, by themselves, would sound awful..?

well he says that they do it to explore the guitar more becuz other bands explore and try new things by bringing in another vocalist or keyboarder...

so as Opeth explores their guitars, in comes Per..lol i just found it a little ironic

I notice sometimes Mr. Lindgren and Mr. Åkerfeldt play things harder than they need to be.

This chord
Code:
4:---
5:-5-
6:-9-

is much more easily played like this
Code:
4:-0-
5:-4-
6:---

Also, about Per....keep in mind that this video is like 4 years old (at least 3).

taken by the reaper said:

you don't get it! They invited pear to expore their bodies!

Protected Witness said:
I notice sometimes Mr. Lindgren and Mr. Åkerfeldt play things harder than they need to be.

This chord
Code:
4:---
5:-5-
6:-9-

is much more easily played like this
Code:
4:-0-
5:-4-
6:---

Keep in mind that each string sounds different, even if you play the same note. Also in this case, you add an open string, which also has it's own unique sound and 'properties'. Other that that, yeah, it's just wanking. :D

Moonstruck said:
Keep in mind that each string sounds different, even if you play the same note. Also in this case, you add an open string, which also has it's own unique sound and 'properties'. Other that that, yeah, it's just wanking. :D

what he said...

"We like solos too, but we're no... Jeff Loomis...." ...... :tickled:

Bass isn't pissed - he's just doing his best Scarlett Johansen "I'm too sexy for this video" impression.

Bass ruuuuuuulz!!!!!! Without him the dry guitars would have sounded bad.

Motice the camera guy didn't realize Mike was talking about the other Martin when describing the "hard/technical" part. Dude zooms in to Bass's frethand during it expecting some ungodly fretboard gymnastics only to realize he's playing the same thing as Mike :tickled:

I love this video :headbang: