Opeth Guitar Lesson Video

Mountain Man

Blow It All To Hell!
Feb 24, 2002
West Virginia
I just downloaded off of Kazaa Lite an Opeth guitar lesson video, it's pretty good. It's done by guitar.com and the subject of the vid is "Dissecting the Drapery Falls". There's some good guitar work and disscussion and it's about 11 minutes and 50 seconds long. Anyone see this before? Whadda ya think?

Anarkissed said:
I realised his way of playing guitar is a bit like me since he doesn't know much theory...I play a chord, it sounds cool, but I have no idea what it is.

Haha, yeah, he played a chord in part 1 I believe and the guy asked "What chord is that" or something and Mikael goes "Oh I don't know what chord that is" :D Absolutely hilarious! Those guys are awesome.

The one thing I didn't like is that Martin's bass didn't ring as much as it does at the beginning and near the end of The Drapery Falls, after the acoustic chords and that noise similar to that intro on Blackwater Park, when it gets pretty heavy, the bass is amazing on that part, one of my favorite Opeth moments.

kazaa, DC...

if you have SOULSEEK add me to your list, my nick is chaveta [case sensitive] look through my files and under VIDEOS you'll find them both.

if you dont have soulseek, GET IT!! www.slsk.org its only a 1mb download... or about there

Anarkissed said:
I realised his way of playing guitar is a bit like me since he doesn't know much theory...I play a chord, it sounds cool, but I have no idea what it is.

I thought the same thing. The funny part is when the interviewer asks him what chord it is and he just says..."I've got no idea...". Sounds cool, plays it..and it works.

I've found I learn a lot more from opeth songs then any of the theory sites/books i've tried.

Hi, Yes these were damn cool alright. I was able to watch them on my computer at work. At home is another story, my computer is shit, and I don't have a burner, home or work, etc

I wanted to ask if there is someone who would be willing to (and who even knows how) to dub it onto either dvd, cd-rom or VHS and could mail a copy to me. If so, please PM me, I'll cover the postage and your time, etc. Thanks.