Video guitar lesson with Mike, Peter and Martin - The Drapery Falls

I love this quote:

Mikael: A lot of bands, when they want to do something different, they bring in another singer or a keyboard player

Moonlapse said:
I love how shit Peter's Rhoads sounds clean, because of the active pickups. Mike really short changed him there when he decided they should play clean.

it ain't because of the active pickups...it's just not voiced for clean work as nicely as some gitfiddles are. You can have nice clean sounding actives same as passives.

Now I understand why everyone pokes fun at Bass player... what the hell is he?

Cool video though -- it's actually my first time hearing them speak.. he's much cooler than I'd expect :ill:

what i find hilarious is how martin mendez (bass player), in parts, looks like a fucking hobgoblin or something! he looks so immensely short at times.. Me and my mates had a good ol' laugh about that!

opeth_353 said:
what i find hilarious is how martin mendez (bass player), in parts, looks like a fucking hobgoblin or something! he looks so immensely short at times.. Me and my mates had a good ol' laugh about that!

You only start believing it when you actually stand next to him in person. The height difference between him and Peter can easily constitute an old Asian woman.

steel102 said:
I love this quote:

Mikael: A lot of bands, when they want to do something different, they bring in another singer or a keyboard player

Yeah, it is ironic, somewhat. But keep in mind that they originally got Per to do keyboards for the Damnation songs to fill in Steve Wilson's parts, as a lot/all of them would sound very empty without keyboards. It was probably just a matter of time until they got him to play in some heavy songs. It really wasn't like 'hey, we're beginning to sound really boring, lets get a new keyboardist' and pulled him out of nowhere.

Got it, it's an old video. Funny that you see how incredibly geeky they all are, and what a midget mendez is.