"The Drapery Falls" Is Opeth At Their Haunting Best!

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
K

King Purple Rainbow

I love the opening and closing melodic riffs and the vocals are fantastic!

I've always raved about "Harvest," and I still think it's a stellar song. But so is "The Drapery Falls."

Thank you, Opeth, for BLACKWATER PARK!

drapery falls is very cool. it opens up like an arena rock song, but more beautiful, and then goes on this freaky growl tangent, with 5/4 bars and everything, and then ties up with that awesome acoustic part.

bliss.

of course, my favorite song from the album is still bleak, follow by the title track, followed by dirge....

Drapery is Awesome, especiall the Steven Wilson/Mikael Akerfeldt vocal harmony at the end...

My faves on that album are The Funeral Portrait and the title track...

OMG, I was listening to the Funeral portrait the other day and at around 1:40 Mike lets out this INSANE black metal growl snarling vocal line, its under the main vocal part, its INSANE!!! OMG I wish he would do vox like that more often, its so god damn blood curdling. Ive had the album since it came out and I never noticed it, its nuts. I jumped from my seat when I heard it hehe.

Yeah, he does that snarling sound a million times on that song, it's great. It's on another too but I forget which and when.

the drapery fall was the song that got me into opeth, didnt really like ti at first but then after listening to it for awhile on a bus i really got into it.

I love the bass at the start/end, it always reminds me of Zelda III: A Link To The Past on the SNES. :confused:

Yeah, I wouldn't call it haunting, but I love that 'epic' kind of feel on the intro and ending. Also the acoustic part in the middle I can't stop playing on my own guitar... haha. Respect, Drapery Falls rules.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
Yeah, I wouldn't call it haunting, but I love that 'epic' kind of feel on the intro and ending. Also the acoustic part in the middle I can't stop playing on my own guitar... haha. Respect, Drapery Falls rules.

I think the true Eeire part in the song is, the first point in which there are vocals. THer is the acustic guitar playing a really strange combinating of chords and that sliding riff between lines.

The first time I listened to that song, I was walking to a party outside of town and I had my discman on and I turned it to "The Drapery Falls" and I was walking in complete darkness. That was quite the experience, I felt like I was in a movie/videogame. It just captured the mood perfectly.

Crap. I need another Opeth CD.

But alas! I have no money...