My Opeth - The Drapery Falls Clip (Suggetions)

gibson5413

May 25, 2005
I just started working on covering The Drapery Falls from Opeth. I am not looking to sound like the original per se. Any suggestions from your perspective? I am trying to get guitar tones and mixing levels together. I left the gain fairly low on the rhythm guitars on purpose. Should I give them a bit more juice? I was trying to retain some clarity with this approach. Used SSD 3 and recorded the bas direct with my SansAmp Bass Driver DI. I like the lead tone so far.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/96-The Drapery Falls (rough).mp3

:kickass: It sounds great during the opening acoustic and then the first heavier riff, but near the halfway mark, the guitar feel a little murky and soft, lacking the punch that the same segment in the original has. Once you get into the next softer segment, it sounds good again. Maybe if you increased the gain for just that one heavier segment after the melodic riff, that would give it more crunch. The drum and bass sections sound great. I'm a noob at recording stuff, so I don't really know what I'm talking about from an experience point of view, just a listener's one. Hope I helped.

May I offer my vocals over it? sounds really nice,but it needs to be a bit "fatter" in the heavy parts, Good job,really

PM me if do you want to collaborate