Controversial Opeth Opinions

Karma is the best song on MAYH, Moonlapse Vertigo is the best song on SL, The Funeral Portrait is the best song on BWP, Wreath is the best song on D1, Beneath the Mire is the best song on GR....um...yea thats it for me.

Seriously

Karma is the best song on MAYH, Moonlapse Vertigo is the best song on SL, The Funeral Portrait is the best song on BWP, Wreath is the best song on D1, Beneath the Mire is the best song on GR....um...yea thats it for me.

Seriously

Seriously... I thought it was quite fun, because NOBODY would agree with this. You are unique. Oh wait... I'm making connections. Seriously... seriously... se... riou... sly... Oh wait it was a joke?

The outro in Burden is unlistenable. Sounds like me playing my out of tune $5 classical guitar. But maybe i'm just a fool.

Akesson is better than Lindgren.

Watershed is better than Ghost Reveries.

And that's your first post? What part of the intro? The de-tuning stuff? Well I would understand then, but it was meant to be this way in case you didn't know. Otherwise, yeah, your just fool. :Smug:

The acoustic solo in the outro starting at 6:41. Sounds bad to me.

lol no one actually thinks Fredrik<Peter. They only think Peter>Fred for Opeth. Sorta like saying Dio is a better vocalist than Ozzy or something - obviously true but certain abilities apply differently to certain music. Also Nasty I'm not joking one bit, I was just saying seriously for some stupid reason that I personally haven't figured out yet.

I agree with that. When I hear The Lotus Eater I want to hear the drum fill instantly but I have to wait for the intro to finish :mad:

I prefer having the excitement of waiting for it. After that, I'm even more into it. I don't like too radical stuff. We're sure not talking about The Moor.

Also Nasty I'm not joking one bit, I was just saying seriously for some stupid reason that I personally haven't figured out yet.

Heh well I was just pointing out that theses songs are the most "underrated" ("" because I don't know if it's justified, I personnally love those songs but think there are plenty that are better) here.

well it's not like the start of the leper affinity, that song works on the excitement of waiting for it to start... they could have done something else. what instruments have they got playing there? a cor anglais afaict they just sound so bad and random like some dumbass 12 year old music student wrote on a gay yamaha joke of a keyboard, i originally thought they were keyboards but i was told they were live. they could have made it a lot better in about 1min or so.

well it's not like the start of the leper affinity, that song works on the excitement of waiting for it to start... they could have done something else. what instruments have they got playing there? a cor anglais afaict they just sound so bad and random like some dumbass 12 year old music student wrote on a gay yamaha joke of a keyboard, i originally thought they were keyboards but i was told they were live. they could have made it a lot better in about 1min or so.

So you don't agree with the fact that this introduction fits with the whole concept/ambiance of Watershed? Also, Blackwater Park (song) is just fucking great, but it's about taste so I won't argue. Sorry that you don't like it as much as some others. I just feel "excited" about most Opeth songs, so...