Controversial Opeth Opinions

This was entirely too amusing *not* to share with my fellow Opeth-lovers...there is so much misinformation spewing from this poor, misguided child's mouth, that I don't even know where to begin...

Therefore, I'll allow the footage to speak for itself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Erté;8273725 said:
This was entirely too amusing *not* to share with my fellow Opeth-lovers...there is so much misinformation spewing from this poor, misguided child's mouth, that I don't even know where to begin...

Therefore, I'll allow the footage to speak for itself...

You should watch this kid's other videos... it's pure sarcasm. He isn't funny, but it's ment to be funny. *yawn*

ahahahahaha that video is amazing

EDIT: ok I thought he was being serious,which would have been hilarious. But that's just shit if he's trying to be sarcastically funny

Not once did I consider the fact that it may be sarcasm....until now...

This makes me feel a bit better...lol

And Lopez wasn't all that amazing on his Opeth debut, MAYH. He was just a good drummer on a good album (unlike Nordin, who was a meh drummer on good albums). Lopez started really coming into his own on Blackwater Park, and became the perfect Opeth drummer on Deliverence and Ghost Reveries (Damnation was good, too, but... not really an Opeth album IMO).

I just hope Axe has that same ability to adapt the way Lopez did over his tenure with the band. Most drummers can't when they're at the level Axe is at and have an established style, but we'll see.

All you people constantly ragging on Watershed are making me worried. I hope the band doesn't revert back to their old direction because of you guys. Their old stuff was great, but they've already been there. If you don't like the new direction so much, maybe it's time to leave Opeth behind? Because Watershed is brilliant, but it's just not for you guys.

lol give him a break he was 19 fgs

My God did you see the Megadeth's "That One Night"? I completely agree, South America has the best live energy ever.

Megadeth kinda has the advantage in Argentina, considering that they're bigger than Metallica in Argentina.

Maybe South American audiences are great all 'round, I'm just saying not to base crowds off that Megadeth DVD. They're like the fucking Beatles in Argentina.

Argentinians think Megadeth is a fucking soccer team and once they pay the ticket and get into the stadium, they realize it's a metal band and they have to scream anyways....:lol::lol:

^

That wouldn't explain how the huge crowd in that Megadeth DVD knew pretty much all the lyrics to all the songs, and were singing along with Dave the whole show.

Seriously, they're just huge in Argentina.

^ Seriously, doesn't prefacing a sentence with seriously automatically make said sentence serious?

^

That wouldn't explain how the huge crowd in that Megadeth DVD knew pretty much all the lyrics to all the songs, and were singing along with Dave the whole show.

Seriously, they're just huge in Argentina.

It's the South American energy... here's a clip of brazilian fans singing along with Rush:

Did I mention it's an instrumental? :D

Opeth in Chile was something like that, only with 5k people instead of 60k :D
But we did a pretty good job with instrumental singalong (like the last few minutes of Heir Apparent or the soft part of TNATSW).

Last edited by a moderator: