Favorite Opeth Songs...??

opethXisXlove916

I <3 Opeth
Feb 19, 2006
Florida
what are your favorite opeth songs of all time?
i know.. its like, impossible to narrow them down.. but mine are..

(in order)
1. The Drapery Falls
2. Ghost of Perdition
3. Blackwater Park
4. Circle of Tyrants
5. Demon of the Fall
6. The Grand Conjuration

thats my 6 favorites.. in honor of 6/6/06 i chose 6..yes, i know, i am so original :err:

i hope this isn't a repeat thread.. if it is, let me know and i'll delete it

:headbang:

1:Face of Melinda
2:Black Water Park
3:Death Whispered an Lullaby
4:By the pain I see in others
5:Dirge for novemeber

Dirge for November
Blackwater Park
Patterns in the Ivy 2
Godhead's Lament
Baying of the Hounds
Don't Worry, Be Happy

illidurit said:
1. This Thread
2. Has Been Done
3. Literally
4. 50 Times
5. Before
6. IMO
I've noticed some people use "IMO" as if it were an expression like "LOL" or "LMAO". Why is that? :lol:

1. To Bid You Farewell
2. The Drapery Falls
3. Ghost of Perdition
4. In My Time of Need
5. By the Pain I See in Others
6. Dirge for November

That isn't really an official list but at the moment those seem to be some of my favorites.

And to answer your question, yes this has been done before. I joined last month and I've seen this topic a couple times I think.

yeah the favorite threads have been done to death over the years, but who cares, move along if you don't want to be apart of it

6 stand-outs, in no specific order...
-White Cluster
-Dirge for November
-Reverie/Harlequin Forest (have they played this live yet? this just may be my single favorite Opeth song)
-When
-The Leper Affinity
-To Rid the Disease

edit: gonna have to break the 6 trend and throw The Funeral Portrait in here as well

opethXisXlove916 said:
thats really pathetic...if you hate someone just because they made, in your opinion a "shit thread".. yeah i'm new, okay? chill the fuck out, and get a life

don't let the asshats bother you, welcome to the forum

I'm glad that people on this board seemed to have finally figured out that Dirge for November is actually one of Opeth's best songs, not one of their worst.

worldwide_suicide said:
you sir, have good taste :)

EDIT: This was directed at House of Seance

yep looks like we share half a list, lol, cheers

MegaMoose said:
I'm glad that people on this board seemed to have finally figured out that Dirge for November is actually one of Opeth's best songs, not one of their worst.

yea it's a bit of a different song than most of their others, and probably their darkest sounding... I'm not sure why it ends up being one of the most commonly "overlooked" songs, but it definitely shouldn't be