Opeth set-list from last night

it was amen corner, cause that's what they played in Milwaukee.

utwm was AWESOME! it sounded even better than it does on the album. and who can resist that almost bluesy guitar pluck at about 1:03!

farren said:
Wow. Could the setlist be any worse? Do they really think The Amen Corner or Under The Weeping Moon are the older songs everyone wants to hear? The whole reason I'm staying for Opeth is the chance of seeing Demon of the Fall to top off all the mediocrity. I'm not sure if it's worth waiting through Devil Driver, though, the popmetal band booked to bring in the MTV crowd for Opeth to attempt to indoctrinate. They'll have no problem with Ghost Reveries. Anyone want to buy my tickets for tomorrow night?

Nah, I'll still go for Dark Tranquillity, the only melodic death metal band around that doesn't completely suck now.

Could YOUR FACE get any worse?

yeti349 said:
xfiles2.jpg

Yeah, I want to believe that Lopez will be back, but I think I'm more likely to see the aliens.

farren said:
Wow. Could the setlist be any worse? Do they really think The Amen Corner or Under The Weeping Moon are the older songs everyone wants to hear? The whole reason I'm staying for Opeth is the chance of seeing Demon of the Fall to top off all the mediocrity. I'm not sure if it's worth waiting through Devil Driver, though, the popmetal band booked to bring in the MTV crowd for Opeth to attempt to indoctrinate. They'll have no problem with Ghost Reveries. Anyone want to buy my tickets for tomorrow night?

Nah, I'll still go for Dark Tranquillity, the only melodic death metal band around that doesn't completely suck now.

I don't often say this, but GO AWAY.

EvilVince said:
What the fuck is a Devildriver anyway? Satan driving a truck?

I don't know exactly WHERE the definition comes from, but its a bell used to drive away demons...I don't remember if its from a story, or historical myth...but that's what it is... :)

From the DD website:

A devil driver is the name witches give to the bells they use to drive evil away when they are casting their spells.

I've also read that it refers to a parson, in that they drive away devils.