Little Rock, AR show - 3/18

candlegoat

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2006
Arkansas
Wow, this was my first time to see Opeth and I was just in awe the entire time. Simply amazing to say the least!

They played...

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
Baying of the Hounds
Closure
Under the Weeping Moon
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Encore - Deliverence

Awesome show, and I hope Opeth visits Little Rock again :)

I thought that Mikael really enjoyed the crowd. He was joking around between songs and they seemed to be having a good time. The set was killer and sounded awesome.

P.S. I had to drive from Nashville to Little Rock to see the show and it was well worth the 5+ hr. drive.

Good show indeed. I drove from Dallas, and braved the horrible rains and flooding to and from. But it was worth it.

And I learned that it's not just stupid Texas metal fans that dance at shows. There is NO DANCING IN METAL, goddammit.

How did there guitars sound in the mix? I saw the show the night before in Tulsa and was dissapointed in the sound. The guitars and keyboards were mixed way lower than the bass and drums. Mikes vocals did not come through as much as I expected. I thought Devil Driver had better sound. He did mention that he was not feeling well that night. This was my first time so maybe this is how they always mix the sound. Overall good show for first time. I was dissapointed in the sound though.

Highlight of the show: Dark Tranquillity.

Lowlight of the show: The disappointing encore into Deliverance, not Demon.

The two screaming bitches were really annoying thoughout the whole fucking show. It didn't help when Mike acknowledged them initially. It only made them continue to do it.