Opeth set-list from last night

bass_lover1 said:
Hey hey hey, nothing wrong with dressing preppy...just because we don't wear all black and corpse paint like you, doesn't mean some of us don't know good music.

YEAH I KNOW!!! THEY WOULDN'T LET ME IN WITH MY SPIKES EITHER DARN!!!! MY ABBATH FACE PAINT KEPT RUNNING OFF MY FACE AND THE WHITE PAINT GOT UNTO MY CLOTHES AND I HAD TO LEAVE...MY FELLOW MEDAL BROTHERYN WON'T PUT UP WITH IT!!!!!!11111two

And ok I was just going to be nice and just say I was mad about the preps being there, but here's my reason why. At least a flock of ten gathered around me and during the first and several other Opeth songs they somehow managed to sing parts during which Mikael wasn't singing nothing at all, then some how they looked around to see if anyone caught them doing it. They even danced like they were in some stupid club. Now I know not all preps are like this, I have a friend who dresses in that garb and he's a huge Opeth fan. Just these people were retarded.

Powers said:
xfilesmulderscullycopy5yz.jpg

strange, it still looks like Scully...

The Preppies? Let's make sure we're not all in middle school. Hopefully for the next show I'll be in the right attire so I make sure to impress everyone. :worship:

sorceron said:
great show. dt sorta bored me even though im a fan. devildriver i didnt even check out because they suck. opeth was just perfect.

I know what you mean. They didn't put on much of a performance. Mikael had energy for the first few songs, then just stopped. The other members just looked like zombies the whole time. Punish My Heaven was nice to hear again though.

NoQuarter said:
The Preppies? Let's make sure we're not all in middle school. Hopefully for the next show I'll be in the right attire so I make sure to impress everyone. :worship:

Fine. The Abercrombie/American Eagle crowd. I don't care what people wear, it's how they act. Since that "group" of people acted the same way, then that's how I viewed them.

its not too abnormal to see a FEW ppl in abercrombie threads at a good show, but there was some dude decked out psychopathic style with full on clown makeup and an ICP shirt there also...explain THAT...haha

Very funny "I Want To Believe" poster. I didn't know Opeth was not from Sweden, but from outer space.

Well, it seems everyone really hates Devildriver. Good. They should, because they're a crappy nu-metal metalcore band. And this was like the 4th time in a year that they've been at a death metal show I've been at. I always hang out with people outside while they're playing, never seen them once. Why the fuck are they on these tours? If I had more free time, I would start an anti-Devildriver movement/group. What the fuck is a Devildriver anyway? Satan driving a truck?

-Vince

N.P. Katatonia - Soil's Song

EvilVince said:

1. Ghost Of Perdition
2. White Cluster
3. Mulder and Scully
4. The Baying Of The Hounds
5. Closure
6. Under The Weeping Moon
7. The Grand Conjuration
8. The Drapery Falls

Encore:
9. Deliverance

Wow. Could the setlist be any worse? Do they really think The Amen Corner or Under The Weeping Moon are the older songs everyone wants to hear? The whole reason I'm staying for Opeth is the chance of seeing Demon of the Fall to top off all the mediocrity. I'm not sure if it's worth waiting through Devil Driver, though, the popmetal band booked to bring in the MTV crowd for Opeth to attempt to indoctrinate. They'll have no problem with Ghost Reveries. Anyone want to buy my tickets for tomorrow night?

Nah, I'll still go for Dark Tranquillity, the only melodic death metal band around that doesn't completely suck now.

farren said:
Wow. Could the setlist be any worse? Do they really think The Amen Corner or Under The Weeping Moon are the older songs everyone wants to hear? The whole reason I'm staying for Opeth is the chance of seeing Demon of the Fall to top off all the mediocrity. I'm not sure if it's worth waiting through Devil Driver, though, the popmetal band booked to bring in the MTV crowd for Opeth to attempt to indoctrinate. They'll have no problem with Ghost Reveries. Anyone want to buy my tickets for tomorrow night?

Nah, I'll still go for Dark Tranquillity, the only melodic death metal band around that doesn't completely suck now.

You sir, are just bad at life.

LifeDepraved said:
YEAH I KNOW!!! THEY WOULDN'T LET ME IN WITH MY SPIKES EITHER DARN!!!! MY ABBATH FACE PAINT KEPT RUNNING OFF MY FACE AND THE WHITE PAINT GOT UNTO MY CLOTHES AND I HAD TO LEAVE...MY FELLOW MEDAL BROTHERYN WON'T PUT UP WITH IT!!!!!!11111two

And ok I was just going to be nice and just say I was mad about the preps being there, but here's my reason why. At least a flock of ten gathered around me and during the first and several other Opeth songs they somehow managed to sing parts during which Mikael wasn't singing nothing at all, then some how they looked around to see if anyone caught them doing it. They even danced like they were in some stupid club. Now I know not all preps are like this, I have a friend who dresses in that garb and he's a huge Opeth fan. Just these people were retarded.

LOL, ok fine fine.

I actually think American Eagle and Abercrombie are really fucking homosexual, I don't consider my self to dress preppy, I just wear what I wear...I do throw in the occasional Opeth T, though.

My friends all think it's funny seeing how I dress, then they'll hear me w/ the radio up in my car blasting some Opeth/Edge of Sanity/ Bloodbath, they kinda get a laugh out of it.