nyc 2/23 setlist

god dethroned

Feb 24, 2006
clifton/nj
hi,im new here,heres the setlist from new york

under the weeping moon
the night and the silent water(this is not a mistake,they did play it)
the amen corner
white cluster
the leper affinity
a fair judgment
deliverence
windowpane
closure
ghost of perdition
the baying of the hounds
the grand conjuration
demon of the fall(encore)

The Night and The Silent Water was definitely one of the highlights.

The show was amazing, although I expected it to be a little longer. But im not complaining, it was one of the best shows Ive been to.

Well - assuming this actually IS the setlist, I'll go on record and say it's nothing special. It certainly doesn't follow the 2 songs per album theory and the only thing suprising about it was "The Night" and possibly "White Cluster". Let's hope they mix it up for the Chicago show which I am going to. I just hope Opeth doesn't make like Rush and only play one or two songs from popular CD's ignoring the rest.

Embalmer said:
Well - assuming this actually IS the setlist, I'll go on record and say it's nothing special. It certainly doesn't follow the 2 songs per album theory and the only thing suprising about it was "The Night" and possibly "White Cluster". Let's hope they mix it up for the Chicago show which I am going to. I just hope Opeth doesn't make like Rush and only play one or two songs from popular CD's ignoring the rest.

Yea, I was there, it actually was the selist. Its definitely like 4 songs longer than a normal set. And seriously, what the hell would you expect?

I'm pretty shocked to see TNATSW, but pretty ordinary other than that. I'm sure the other dates coming up will be getting some treats other than TNATSW too though.

Are they filming these?

Yes, this IS the setlist, I was just about to post it (although I forgot to write 2 songs).

AMAZING show, just...unbelievable. My only complaint was that Peter's guitar was a bit low, but otherwise perfect. TNATSW was amazing, when he announced it I couldn't believe my ears! Closure was really odd (even longer, with more weird stuff than the Lamentations version), and Deliverance got played twice (album version before the show for the Ballet, then live during the setlist). And some people wouldn't shut up, so I couldn't hear Mikael talk half the time.

Wow, I'm so glad I didn't buy a ticket on eBay for an arm and a leg, like I'd considered. Would've loved to have heard TNATSW, but the rest is mediocre.

saut said:
I'm pretty shocked to see TNATSW, but pretty ordinary other than that. I'm sure the other dates coming up will be getting some treats other than TNATSW too though.

Are they filming these?

They didn't film this one.

HOWEVER. At the beginning, they were doing a sort of slideshow, and they showed "Opeth - Chronologies (insert Roman numerals here),", and it looked surpicionsly like a DVD cover. (For example, the borders of the picture looked about right). So I dunno.

Yeah, I was screaming a lot of the time (not in between songs so much though). I was gonna scream "BASS PLAYER!" but didn't get a chance. Oh well.

If anyone saw the guy with the red Bloodbath shirt, long hair pulled back, and glasses, that was me.

EternalMetal said:
Yea, I was there, it actually was the selist. Its definitely like 4 songs longer than a normal set. And seriously, what the hell would you expect?

Well, they've pretty much ignored 3 songs from Deliverance live, 3 from Ghost Reveries, 3 from Blackwater Park and I don't go back far enough to know about the earlier CD's. How about playing Master's Apprentice - a friggin unbelieveable track. I've seen Opeth 3 times and each time I've heard Demon, The Leper Affinity and Deliverence. Way too predictable - just like Rush.

Just got back, absolutely outstanding show... Night and the Silent Water was a HUGE welcomed surprise. The Amen Corner and White Cluster were awesome too... but I have to admit overall I was kinda let down. The show was hyped as a Chronology 1994-2005 but it was really heavy on the last few albums. I was definitely expecting more classics. Nevertheless, the best Opeth show I've seen.

Embalmer said:
Well, they've pretty much ignored 3 songs from Deliverance live, 3 from Ghost Reveries, 3 from Blackwater Park and I don't go back far enough to know about the earlier CD's. How about playing Master's Apprentice - a friggin unbelieveable track. I've seen Opeth 3 times and each time I've heard Demon, The Leper Affinity and Deliverence. Way too predictable - just like Rush.

Meh, whatever. It was my first "real" time seeing them (SOTU hardly counts), and I thought it was fantastic. I loved every second of it. You guys complaining about the setlist just cuts away at my happiness. It couldnt have gotten much better, ive only seen The Grand Conjuration and Deliverance live, and they were both amazing this time too. GoP was an amazing live song, that and TNATSW were the highlights of the show. Yea, TGC and Windowpane were too. I actually loved the setlist.

what happened to the playing 3-4 songs that theyve "never played live" before? i see one, maybe two... theyre saving the good setlist for LA cause you guys got a stupid ballet taking up time

I wouldn't complain at all about the setlist if this was a "normal" Opeth show, but with all the hype behind this and how they'd be unearthing 4 "never before played in America" tracks, I think it's normal for some of us to be a little let down. I do agree though that it was an amazing show.