Coolest Opeth Song Titles

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
As a writer, one of my favorite things about Opeth is the kickass names they give their tracks. What are your favorites?

For me, it's (by album):

Orchid- The Apostle In Triumph

Morningrise- To Bid You Farewell

Still Life- Serenity Painted Death

My Arms- Demon of the Fall

Blackwater Park- Bleak

Deliverance- By the Pain I See in Others (For Absent Friends is also pretty cool)

Damnation- In My Time of Need (reminds me of Zeppelin; IMTOD)

Ghost Reveries- Reverie/Harlequin Forest. The Grand Conjuration, Isolation Years, and Ghost of Perdition are all close seconds.

Blackwater Park (though this isn't actually original, but the imagery I get from listening to the song fits very well with the title.)
Moonlapse Vertigo,
April Ethereal.

well, let's see *looks at list of Opeth song titles*... Still Day Beneath the Sun, Death Whispered a Lullaby, and For Absent Friends are diggable I s'pose

Orchid: The Twilight is My Robe (tbh Orchid has the gayest song titles of any Opeth album though)

Morningrise: Advent

MAYH: April Ethereal

Still Life: Godhead's Lament

BWP: The Leper Affinity

Deliverance: Master's Apprentices

Damnation: Death Whispered a Lullaby

Ghost Reveries: Ghost of Perdition

Orchid - The Apostle In Triumph
Morningrise - Black Rose Immortal
My Arms, Your Hearse - Demon of The Fall/Karma
Still Life - Serenity Painted Death
Blackwater Park - The Leper Affinity
Deliverance - Deliverance
Damnation - To Rid The Disease
Ghost Reveries - Ghost of Perdition/The Grand Conjuration

Orchid- The Apostle In Triumph

Morningrise- To Bid You Farewell

Still Life- Serenity Painted Death

My Arms- Demon of the Fall

Blackwater Park- The Leper Affinity

Deliverance- By the Pain I See in Others

Damnation- To Rid the Disease

Ghost Reveries- The Grand Conjuration

They're all pretty cool, my favorites being Moonlapse Vertigo, April Ethereal, The Leper Affinity, Harlequin Forest, The Apostle in Triumph, and Serenity Painted Death.

The Twilight Is My Robe
The Night And The Silent Water
The Amen Corner
Godhead's Lament
Moonlapse Vertigo
Dirge For November
Patterns In The Ivy
Baying Of The Hounds
Harlequin Forest

To tell you the truth, aside from all the track names in MAYH and a few others from other albums, I usually have no idea what the name of the song has to do with the song itself. Most of the time, the song doesn't even have the title in it's lyrics. I'm not talking about a chorus or a repeated line, but it has no mention of it. EG: Nectar, Masters Apprentices, Dirge For November, Hours of Wealth and so on.

I know this doesn't have much to do with the original post, but this was just something I was wondering.