The Official Reveries news

I had a dream last night that the album kinda sucked. Like the music was good but it was just kinda boring and mikael's clean vocals sounded all monotone. haha

deliverance said:
agreed. opeth doesn't curse in their songs, so it probably won't get the sticker. IF it does though, i hope it's just on the plastic covering.
I don't think there was ever one damn,shit,ass,bitch,fuck,cock,cunt etc. in any of their songs.

goreISart said:
ohshit.jpg

OMG!!11one!!!1!!

DAY R GOEENG DOWN DA TUBESES.
Yep, reminded me of the Korn cover too :)

That's awesome. I think Opeth's greatest moments are the concept albums. The writing is unbelievable in these types of albums. He's a gift to story telling.

Miller High Death said:
From Opeth.com

Opeth and Jens Bogren have now finished the recording and mixing of the latest opus "Ghost reveries". The album will be mastered today (June 16th) at the Cutting room facilities in Stockholm. Total running time will be around 65 minutes. Full tracklisting is:

Ghost of perdition
The baying of the hounds
Beneath the mire
Atonement
Reverie/Harlequin forest
Hours of wealth
The grand conjuration
Isolation years

And the official cover and fan contest cover revealed!

If I'm not mistaken, Frank Zappa's "Jazz from Hell" CD got a parental advisory sticker even though it has no lyrics whatsoever. :erk: :erk:

Am I the only one here concerned that so many people knew a korn album cover well enough to say that the GR cover reminds them of it? I could maybe understand recognizing something that resembled follow the leader (c'mon, who doesn't know what that one looks like), but such a recent release? For shame...

deliverance said:
agreed. opeth doesn't curse in their songs, so it probably won't get the sticker. IF it does though, i hope it's just on the plastic covering.

Strangely enough, my Damnation album actually had a sticker on it...if my memory serves correctly it said 'Warning: This album contains explicit content', or something along those lines. Dont ask me why, though. Maybe the censors are going for the overall 'tone' of the album rather than lyrics...:err:

I gotta admit that the new Korn cover isn't that bad at all. They CAN have good covers, but it'll never change the fact that their music is just not that great.

With that said, the cover for Ghost Reveries just does NOT have the same atmosphere. There's no architecture on the cover for GR - plus, the look of the candles just plain kicks ass! :headbang: Best cover ever imo.