The Official Reveries news

coverghost35ah.jpg

I'll download the new album...and I sure as hell will fucking buy it when it comes out. They have my promise...Opeth is a band where their albums are bought by anyone who really likes them(if the fans have money anyway). Most of us here are avid fans and anyone else who likes them.

by the way...fans of My Dying Bride and older Katatonia should check out Swallow the Sun - The Mourning never came...this melodic beast just grows and grows on me. one of my top releass of 2005...and surely the new Opeth will go beside it.

Finally news from opeth.com again.
I love the titles of each and every track, and they ALL sound very Opethish (perhaps with the exception of "Baying of the Hounds").
I have written a song myself called "Atonement" some years ago, I wonder if Opeth will be able to top that :p

I like the art that won the contest, close to how I imagined the cover would turn out, very seventies-like. I hope the music has a LOT of seventies Camel in it, mixed up with ultrabrutal yet ethereal OPETH!!!!!!!!

I'm in love all over again

the_drip said:
Baying of the Hounds reminds me of Demon of The Fall

mostly because of the..."of the" har har. too many "of the"s

Hehe. I can hear it not...

"Baying! Baying of the houds! Baying! Baying of the houuuuuunddddddssss!"

"Silent dance with dogs
Every flea is lost
Torn by the arrival of the collar
In the wag of a tail
you know its me
You keep the food bowl close at hand
And you saw nothing
Feces on the carpet
The smell reeks of toilet water
Baying! Baying of the hounds!"

Ok, I'll stop with the lame ass lyrics.

But I'm VERY excited about GR. I do think it will return Opeth to their golden days, ressurecting the sounds from Still Life and MAYH. Except GR will be a bit more brutal.

goreISart said:
ohshit.jpg

OMG!!11one!!!1!!

DAY R GOEENG DOWN DA TUBESES.

Hahahaha!!! Damn you, I was going to do that. I like how you did the 'Ghost Reveries' text.

Oh man, it would really suck nuts if Roadrunner slapped that ugly arse 'PARENTAL ADVISORY' logo on it. Particularly if it was printed on the cover...:erk:

mysweetdeath said:
Hehe. I can hear it not...

"Baying! Baying of the houds! Baying! Baying of the houuuuuunddddddssss!"

"Silent dance with dogs
Every flea is lost
Torn by the arrival of the collar
In the wag of a tail
you know its me
You keep the food bowl close at hand
And you saw nothing
Feces on the carpet
The smell reeks of toilet water
Baying! Baying of the hounds!"

Ok, I'll stop with the lame ass lyrics.

But I'm VERY excited about GR. I do think it will return Opeth to their golden days, ressurecting the sounds from Still Life and MAYH. Except GR will be a bit more brutal.

Fucking awesome.

Reading through this thread made me orgasm multiple times.

ZeDzEdZeD said:
cover_ghost.jpg

B0007ZEO4G.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

inspiration from Deep Purple? Is it a hint that 2 members are about to burning out? Peter and Mikael?

and if someone didn't know the backcover of DP - Burn album:

Deep_Purple-Burn-Trasera.jpg

I bet that idea is partly from that DP album. ...and probably there are ghostfaces in candleflames on Travis cover also :eek: