I gotta do this: BEST song on Ghost Reveries so far....

What's your favourite song so far?

• Ghost of Perdition

Votes: 59 35.8%
  • The Baying of the Hounds

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • Beneath the Mire

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Atonement

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Reverie/Harlequin Forest

Votes: 44 26.7%
  • Hours of Wealth

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The Grand Conjuration

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Isolation Years

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters
I think the whole album is equally genius... however, the song i hit replay on the most is Baying of the Hounds...

and although its not too popular on this board, Hours of Wealth was one of the most refreshing Opeth experiences I've had...this song is just as genius as any other on the album...

It takes time to create all the melodies in a song like "Reverie / Harlequin forest" I think it's definately among their best compositions ever, it's like an adventure for the listener. Ghost of Perdition is about as good though, what a fat open-track, it has everything. The whole album rule, but those two songs are stand out. The vote went to Reverie / Harlequin Forest.

Stimuli said:
I think the whole album is equally genius... however, the song i hit replay on the most is Baying of the Hounds...

and although its not too popular on this board, Hours of Wealth was one of the most refreshing Opeth experiences I've had...this song is just as genius as any other on the album...

I don't hit replay after a song, only after an album
GR = 10/10 (that I forgot in my post)

i voted baying of the hounds, it has different atmospheres but they don't change quite as rapidly as in, for example, ghost of perdition. the song sounds like it lasts for half an hour or something! reverie/harlequin forest is also good, but it has a few parts that annoy me somehow... i think hours of wealth is the worst song on the album, it's just too cheesy.

I voted RHF, that song flows so well. My favourite part being at 5:58 into the song. This part really put me in a sweet state of mind. I still think the outro is a bit too repetitive though...

2. Ghost of perdition
3. Baying of the Hounds
4. Hours of Wealth = Beneath the Mire = Isolation Years = The Grand conjuration
5. Atonement

1. Ghost of Perdition
2. Baying of the Hounds
3. Isolation Years
4. Atonement
5. Reverie/Harquin (sp?) Forest
6. Grand Conjuration
7. Hours of Wealth

annt said:
i voted baying of the hounds... i think hours of wealth is the worst song on the album, it's just too cheesy.
you are my padawan, haha...

1. Baying Of The Hounds
2. Ghost Of Perdition
3. Reverie/Harlequin Forest
4. Beneath The Mire
5. The Grand Conjuration
6. Isolation Years
7. Atonement
8. Hours Of Wealth

I don't know what everyone's got against The Grand Conjuration, that's one of the best Opeth songs I've ever heard. I definitely voted for that one. My next favorites in order would be Ghost of Perdition, Reverie/Harlequin Forest, Baying of the Hounds, and Beneath the Mire. The Grand Conjuration also had an awesome video for it I just saw on Headbangers Ball with Gene Hoglan playing drums. Hope Martin Lopez recovers from his AIDS soon.

-Vince