I gotta do this: BEST song on Ghost Reveries so far....

What's your favourite song so far?

• Ghost of Perdition

Votes: 59 35.8%
  • The Baying of the Hounds

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • Beneath the Mire

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Atonement

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Reverie/Harlequin Forest

Votes: 44 26.7%
  • Hours of Wealth

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The Grand Conjuration

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Isolation Years

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
I've listened to the album like about 30 times already. For the past week or so it has been out, I just simply can't get enough of this album. I'm addicted, plain and simple. I am sucked into the music completely and just can't walk away from it.

So yeah, this thread is for people who have at least listened to the album 5+ times already and that have somewhat familiarized themselves with the OVERLY complex nature of the music on this album. Lots of time must be spent with the album to truly appreciate it's inner beauty (as with all opeth albums.)

So, what is the best song for you so far?

For me, RIGHT now, it goes probably like this; (and i'm not sure if a poll has been done on this yet)

1. Ghost of Perdition
2. The Baying of the Hounds
3. Beneath the Mire
4. Harlequin Forest
5.Atonement
6. The Grand Conjuration
7. Isolation Years
8. Hours of Wealth

I too have listened to it NUMEROUS names. I have to say that my favorite so far is "Isolation Years". That song is hauntingly beautiful.

I agree, Ghost Of Perdition. Before I heard the whole album, I first heard The Grand Conjuration and Ghost of Perdition first (as everyone did obviously) But when I heard the album in lenth, the first song other then those twothat captured my attention and made me hit "replay" was Beneath The Mire.

I have a feeling that at these boards anyway, Ghost of Perdition will go down alongside The Moor as Opeth's best song. I really do think Ghost of Perdition is one of the band's finest efforts to date; has this instant "classic" feeling about it. It has that "something" about it. I played the song over 50 times when the mp3 first became available and I'm just still not sick of it.

My thoughts, anyway. Oh, and yeah, beneah the mire is fucking brilliant! The first 3 tracks to me are 10/10's for sure, hehe.

Hey man!

I've been listening non-stop to the album for more than a week now. As far as I'm concerned, Ghost Reveries is album of the year, hands down. As far as I'm concerned, it's an album to put alongside Opeth's best (MAYH, Still Life & Blackwater Park).

#1: Reverie/Harlequin Forest
#2: The Gread Conjuration
#3: Ghost of Perdition
#4: Beneath The Mire
#5: Isolation Years
#6: Hours of Wealth
#7: The Baying of the Hounds
#8: Atonement

Isolation years without a doubt. The melody owns the rest of the entire album. and all of deliverence and damnation. IMHO it would have been the best pick for a single. She's looooost in IIIIsolation!!!

After that I'd pick ghost of perdition, and then maybe reveries/harlequin forest sans the annoying ending. Interestingly enough the grand conjuration actually grew on me a lot and is one of the highlights for me now.

Reverie/Harlequin Forest- this song does it for me.....I LOVE how Mikael sings in this one, and the overall musical atmosphere

Now it`s kind of easy to see what people think about the weird mellow songs.

They could of skipped atonement, Hours of wealth and Isolation Years and done 3 songs like Baying of the, Harlequin or ghost perdition style.

Voted Baying.