Ghost reveries has FINALLY CLICKED with me...

I'll start listening to GR but about half way through when I hear the line "we are the trees", I think to myself "Hmm, I could be listening to an other Opeth album right now instead". So I normally put on MAYH or something.

Bertovo said:
I'll start listening to GR but about half way through when I hear the line "we are the trees", I think to myself "Hmm, I could be listening to an other Opeth album right now instead". So I normally put on MAYH or something.
That particular lyric always gets me, but I got a lot more liking for the album after I looked more closely at some of the other lyrics. They are just as good as other Opeth albums. Sure that verse sucks, but you can't hate on most of the album's lyrics.

I still think it has a lot of musically weak parts (the beginning of Beneath the Mire makes me want to skip, for example) but I've started to like it a lot more.

Garbage.

Several months down the line and I'm still hearing a pop record, and as someone said earlier, it sounds like someone else trying to copy Opeth.

Their weakest effort in their career. Fingers crossed that they get back to form in the next release.

GR = Virtrual XI. Eat it.

illidurit said:
only the tr00est of blastbeat ridden monotonous bm bands qualify as not pop

Well well. if its not you again. You tryin' to get my phone number or something? Stop following me around wierdo!

PS - do you even know what BM is? No? Good. Now shut up.

SethCohen said:
lol @ a pop record.

Okay, maybe I was going overboard :)

It just doesnt strike me as the other albums do - it lacks the depth, the character, and the obvious superior songwriting of their previous work. Personally, I find GR to sound like a collection of ideas which were never unified. It sounds very unfinished.

Not doubt I'll get many responses in opposition - but notice the opinions abound: "oh its a great album!!! Just as as good as their other stuff :( ". Seems to me that people dont want to admit they dont really like it.

(No offence to the band, none meant, I just dont like this record no matter how much I try to give it a nineteenth go.)

illidurit said:
sorry I just yearn to bask in the glow of the pompous elite

"Pompous".

Just learn that word at school today did we? Youre a big boy now arent you? Perhaps I should pat you on the head like a good little dog... wait a minute! You'd be like Paris Hiltons dog, right?! That little shitty chihuahua! ROFL

yeah english is really hard though, my teacher is so MEAN she gave me a B- on my paper about what I did over spring break

thanks for your positive reinforcement though :)

The Hubster said:
Well well. if its not you again. You tryin' to get my phone number or something? Stop following me around wierdo!

lol at this moron

when is someone opening up a new opethforum for fucks sake

lol he edited that post like 4 times

edit: yeah my bm collection is 250 albums btw

edit again: actually I forgot to include progressive bm and proto bm, make that 300 albums

The Hubster said:
Well well, now its the two of you. You're both engaged I take it?

im guessing you're homophobic because you're father raped you when you were a child amirite

Add Bathory onto that one too

a rofl nazi said:
im guessing you're homophobic because you're father raped you when you were a child amirite

You couldnt be further from the truth. A simplistic conclusion concocted by a single-celled brain.. how intuitive. As for your post, thats just gross.

The Hubster said:

Okay, maybe I was going overboard :)

It just doesnt strike me as the other albums do - it lacks the depth, the character, and the obvious superior songwriting of their previous work. Personally, I find GR to sound like a collection of ideas which were never unified. It sounds very unfinished.

Not doubt I'll get many responses in opposition - but notice the opinions abound: "oh its a great album!!! Just as as good as their other stuff :( ". Seems to me that people dont want to admit they dont really like it.

(No offence to the band, none meant, I just dont like this record no matter how much I try to give it a nineteenth go.)

Wow, Go listen to Orchid and Morningrise and tell me that they have superior songwriting compared to GR. Give me a break.