Ghost Reveries: Concept

We may interpret it differently, but that doesn't mean that everyone is correct. Which is why it is stupid to dismiss it all as purely subjective. However, since this has been discussed ad nauseum in many, many threads, i will leave now and not bother posting on this shit burger topic again.

I think that most of the songs on Ghost Reveries are metaphors. All the interpretations i've read are just literal interpretations. I think that the hounds, the mire, and the harlequin forest are all metaphors, they all represent something. i can't see any other way of interpretting the Baying of the Hounds other than its about a women who is too scared to leave an abusive relationship. you can tell just by the reading the lyrics how dead she is inside because her partner controls every aspect of her life. he bleeds her dry and won't let her amount to anything. anyways, thats just my 2 cents.

This thread inspired me to write a concept album based off the Ghostbusters movie. Maybe i'll follow it up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.