Ghost Reveries - Hollow?

After i bought the album I listened it 1-3 times a day for 1 month. I think that was too much. I'm now bored of it. I have never got bored of any other opeth album so I think Ghost Reveries is Opeth's weakest album.

the_drip said:
Opeth fans who find GR dissapointing probably have no right saying they like any other Opeth album. Since its obviously a culmination of everything they've done, finer tuned, more thought out...and just better in all aspects. It is an improvement on the overall Opeth style from MAYH through GR. It is the best one yet.
it's your opinon...

i think MAYH, ORCHID and SL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GR, by far in every aspect

I agree very much with RiffBoy...

If there is one thing I can't stand it is bands who put out the same thing over and over again...

I believe that any bad feelings people have towards GR stem from the fact that they are SO partial to the other albums. I love Orchid and Still Life too, but if they had put out another still life (or another deliverance, or another whatever) I wouldn't have liked it as much as I like Ghost Reveries now. Because no matter what "time periods" people put their albums in the fact is that EVER SINGLE Opeth album is different from the last. I already own their entire back catalogue so I wanted to hear NEW music, and that is what we got PLUS all the great aspects of albums past...

and guess what... I bet you they are gonna change again and again and again...because thats what true musicians want to do... and I would also think that any musician listening to the album would at least be able to acknowledge that they have matured in their sound, have gained better production capabilities, and (much thanks to the fulltime addition of Per) they have incereased in technical, compositional skill - this fact is especially true once you experience them live :headbang:

and I could list at least 10 "unforgettable" parts in Ghost Reveries... probably more I'm sure...

I was under the impressionthat the allmighty OPETH was a "Progressive Rock" band. If they don't progress they don't live up to their style. When Ifirst heard the album I was slightly disappointed, but as I listened, I heard more. Those subtle nuances that make this album an enigma of modern music is what sets opeth apart. Bands change. Get on the wagon or find a diffrent ride.

Wow, another post focusing on the subjective shortcomings of the new album!! That's fucking awesome, because I didn't think that the mounting graveyard of these threads was quite insane enough!! You don't want these threads getting lonely or anything! Oinkness, you are truly a contributor in our time of need! I'm so beside myself I can't quite stop using exclamation points!!! I just yelled to everyone in the room, "ANOTHER THREAD THAT HATES ON OPETH Y'ALL!!" and high-fives were distributed like candy in a child molester's car. FUCK YES!!

PeeWee1473 said:
Wow, another post focusing on the subjective shortcomings of the new album!! That's fucking awesome, because I didn't think that the mounting graveyard of these threads was quite insane enough!! You don't want these threads getting lonely or anything! Oinkness, you are truly a contributor in our time of need! I'm so beside myself I can't quite stop using exclamation points!!! I just yelled to everyone in the room, "ANOTHER THREAD THAT HATES ON OPETH Y'ALL!!" and high-fives were distributed like candy in a child molester's car. FUCK YES!!

Hahahahahahaha greatest post ever

Yeah this topic is fucking terrible, it's a poorly worded short version of the one Mikael responded to.

And just for the record GR >>>>>>> Deliverance. I think it's actually their second or third best album (after MAYH and maybe still life).

THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT that these threads suck, but like I said on the Isolation years thread I won't complain anymore. So here I go. I like bacon! :D

I will say that master's Apprentices is a much more enjoyable song than some on GR... but I'm only saying that because it's one of my favorite songs by Opeth! I love GR, let's stop all the hating now.

- the Somewhat Fat Guitarist

I had a reply that put you all in your place and made it extremely clear how you took my words out of context, but because of an error with the forum the whole reply which took a long while to type was lost.

Just consider yourself pwned regardless.

Yes, you sure owned us, you owned us like a pig owns a chick on Animal Farm...

Oink! Oink!...

Owned!