Question about "Ghost Reveries" album cover

King Dedede

Sep 6, 2005
Hello, I'm a longtime Opeth fan but new to this forum- I had a question about the "Ghost Reveries" album cover:

The pictures I've seen of the album on the Internet have the Opeth logo in the top left and the Ghost Reveries title written in cursive at the bottom, but the copy I picked up at the store doesn't have that. It's just the candle picture. Is this a special printing I have or are the Internet pictures just wrong? (Not that it's really important, but I'm just curious)

I'd say that's just a promotional picture.
I haven't seen a logo or title on any cd covers in the stores
Also, take a look at the discography pics on the official site www.opeth.com

I think the original Orchids and Morningrises didn't have the logo on them either..?

It's cooler that way anyways. The coolest CD I own is Moonsorrow's Verisäkeet, which is a completely opaque, shiny black jewel case with no mention of the band on the front or the back, only on the side, and in the booklet. Awesome. Grim. Nekro. That shiny black just gets stained by fingerprints so easily *swipe swipe swipe* :(

madu said:
I think the original Orchids and Morningrises didn't have the logo on them either..?

It's cooler that way anyways. The coolest CD I own is Moonsorrow's Verisäkeet, which is a completely opaque, shiny black jewel case with no mention of the band on the front or the back, only on the side, and in the booklet. Awesome. Grim. Nekro. That shiny black just gets stained by fingerprints so easily *swipe swipe swipe* :(

I know the original Morningrise had the logo on the album. Orchid I'm not sure about. Kinda reminds me of Tool's AEnima- the only mention of the band is on the side and in the booklet.

Jchappie said:
I know the original Morningrise had the logo on the album. Orchid I'm not sure about. Kinda reminds me of Tool's AEnima- the only mention of the band is on the side and in the booklet.

neither of them has the logo originally, as long as we're talking european original
both had the logo for the u.s. release, same with mayh