the REAL new Opeth album art and tracklist!

Yeah, I'm hoping for good things on Ghost Ovaries. That album cover is underwhelming. Too much like the meh Deliverance cover except in shit brown.

The best artwork Opeth had was Morningrise. The quiet haunted symmetry of the monument on the lake, with 'Peth's trademark blurry ghostfigure right on the shore.

Crimson Velvet said:
"Orchid" has the most pretentious album cover ever! But Opeth is one of the most pretentious bands ever, so I guess it is only fitting.

People who say this make me laugh, 'cause they're so just a bunch of guys making music... not sure where people get the pretentious thing from! Such an overused word by metal fans anyway.

I wouldn't really call their music pretentious either. They've been doing about the same thing since the beginning, with varying results.

And while it's a shit album, BWP has their best cover art. Morningrise is nice, too.

Demilich said:
People who say this make me laugh, 'cause they're so just a bunch of guys making music... not sure where people get the pretentious thing from! Such an overused word by metal fans anyway.
Seriously, I've grown to fucking hate that word. I still don't understand the claim anyhow, whenever I see it used it's completely out of context or just flat out nonsensical. "Those dudes are pretentious because they have too many acoustic interludes." WTF!?!?!??!

One Inch Man said:
Seriously, I've grown to fucking hate that word. I still don't understand the claim anyhow, whenever I see it used it's completely out of context or just flat out nonsensical. "Those dudes are pretentious because they have too many acoustic interludes." WTF!?!?!??!
dude stop being so pretentious

Demilich said:
People who would balk at a metal album with a flower on the cover are fucking morons anyways, Opeth made the right move getting rid of these people as fans right from the beginning, whether they meant to or not!

Agreed even if I doubt Opeth chose it solely to reject traditional death metal imagery. And I'll mentally quote all the posts about the wrongful use of the word pretentious for truth...in my experience it's used by people who want to condemn someone without going into any actual depth as to why the music offends them, or just goes straight over their head...Ok, that last one was pret...an unfair generalization.

Opeth being pretentious has nothing to do with the accoustic interludes, I love those! It has something to do with their ambitious song lenghts and quasi-poetic lyrics.

Why the hell would i want a flower on an album cover when I can have warriors and skulls and satan and vikings and forests and beer and cool baddass shit? Seriously, tell me?

why the hell would anyone judge an album by its cover? Orchid has a somewhat wimpy cover, but it's their best album. BWP has ther best cover yet sucks flabby dick.

who cares?

J. said:
why the hell would anyone judge an album by its cover? Orchid has a somewhat wimpy cover, but it's their best album. BWP has ther best cover yet sucks flabby dick.

who cares?

Thats not what I'm saying/asking. (i dont even know if your talking to me, if not, sorry mate! :) )

KILL TULLY said:
Why the hell would i want a flower on an album cover when I can have warriors and skulls and satan and vikings and forests and beer and cool baddass shit? Seriously, tell me?

Sometimes I wonder if you're an ass just for the sake of being an ass... or you really mean it. :loco:

KILL TULLY said:

For something different?