Controversial Opeth Opinions

Lateralus14

New Metal Member
Oct 16, 2008
This is based off a fun thread in the General Metal Discussion forum that usually promotes some decent discussion. Basically just voice some opinions that most Opeth fans don't seem to agree with (for example, in the general forum it would be something stupid like "90's metallica > 80's metallica" but not necessarily that retarded). And no need for this IMHO nonsense because that's obviously implied in the thread title. I'll start..

The Funeral Portrait destroys everything on Blackwater Park.
The Drapery Falls is a good song but gets destroyed by everything on Blackwater Park.
Still Life is a good album but is incredibly overrated.
Coil is quite annoying.

lol you guys gag on mike's cock so much you can't even compose a single negative utterance regarding his music, which as of late, is nothing special and certainly nothing that merits 24/7 cock gaggage.

how's that?

lol you guys gag on mike's cock so much you can't even compose a single negative utterance regarding his music, which as of late, is nothing special and certainly nothing that merits 24/7 cock gaggage.

how's that?

If you know this board a little, you know that you can't say a single bad word against the almighty Opeth without getting flamed and possibly banned, I don't find worth taking the risk.

how's that?

I agree with everything said here, but nevertheless, the idea of the thread is not a trollish idea. A controversial opinion still has to be a legitimate opinion, and no one that bothers to post here actually thinks Opeth sucks entirely. It's more of a universal thread for people to just say their opinions because normally when you say "Coil sucks" in a regular thread, you get flamed by some fanboy that jerks off to Nathalie. None of my opinions were that farfetched, and Weakness is one of my least favorite Opeth songs but that's still his opinion; "Opeth sucks" though? Really? Some people think so but no one here..

"Opeth sucks" though? Really? Some people think so but no one here..

roll.gif

I hope no one else took that seriously.

Anders Nordin killed Orchid. That album nearly unlistenable because of him. The way he tuned his drums was terrible. His bass sounded like he was hitting a piece of paper and his overall sound was muddy, indistinct and sloppy.

^ I never noticed that really. I think the drums are the worst on MAYH, specifically the acoustic parts of Demon of the Fall and Credence.