Still Life, MAYH, or Morningrise?

I've only got Damnation and a couple of songs off other albums downloaded so I've been looking to get more Opeth cept the fact that it's not really accessible her (New Zealand) other than off the net. So I thought I should ask advice on which albums to get first...but I decided not to because it doesn't really help at all. Too many people express too many different opinions of which one to buy.

Best way to do it I think is to pull one out of a hat or something!

Well those are the three best Opeth albums IMO so you should be happy with any of them. Usaly i say go with still life cuz its pritty easy to get into, but for you I'd say try out Morningrise cuz you'll get to hear their earlier sound.

get 'My Arms, Your Hearse' first. It's clearly the best Opeth album (the best one among good ones) and it's also kind of a bridge between the earlier ('Orchid', 'Morningrise') and tha later ('Still Life', 'BWP', 'Deliverance') Opeth. The first two albums are similar and 'SL', 'BWP' and 'Deliverance' are also very close together. 'MAYH' stands out as a turning point inbetween.

As the second one you should get 'Still Life' and then 'Orchid'

If you get the chance, listen to everything and choose for yourself. It has so much to do with your image of Opeth right now, we, as forum members, cannot decide, what YOU want to hear.

As said "Still Life" is most similar to the newer albums.

I didn't really have to decide in the end, cuz a friend just randomly gave me Still Life, but the good thing is now I can ALSO get MYAH. I'll get Morningrise and Orchid Eventually. Thanks, everyone.

EDIT: I also forgot to say Still Life is one of the most amazing albums I've ever heard, it grabbed me the whole way through and wouldn't let go. It's... awesome.

It´s obvious that you should buy all Opeth albums, and it doesn´t really matter in what order you buy them as they all are so fucking good...I think that you should buy Morningrise next, so that you get a picture about how Opeth sounded like in the beginning!