Most Overrated Opeth Album?

Most overrated Opeth album?

• Total voters
BlackWater Park is easily the most "overrated" album by Opeth. I remember everyone was cummin' over this when it came out, and I could'nt understand why. There are some good songs, the title track, When the Drapery Falls, Bleak, Harvest and the interlude Patterns in the Ivy. Steven Wilson's vocals ruined this for me. They depleted the "heaviness" of it all. Still, not a bad album, just never understood the "breakthrough" mentality. They broke through on "Morningrise" for me.

It doesn't matter, even if you hate him you have to understand that all this "metal universe" and "corpse eating bands" that you listen to would probably have not existed if it wasn't for him! Most of them say they've got the balls, but jimmy had the balls!

Very untrue.

Anyway, I voted Damnation, because for some reason it loses my attention/gets boring while listening to it as a whole, though I enjoy every track.

...I don't understand how music can be overrated, you either like it or you don't like it...the end.

I pretty much side with this and decided not to vote.

I can see why people enjoy every album regardless of where it stands on my "favorites" list.

My thinking being this: Just because I really don't enjoy Orchid immensely (disjointed songwriting, lack of flow) doesn't mean I think it's overrated by those who love the album. One likes what one likes, and if it differs from me...oh well, life goes on.

On top of this fact, I really don't know that many Opeth fans. Despite having seen them live about ten times and always lurking on the forum, I'm only acquainted with a handful of people who care for them. When it comes down to it, we all have our favorite records for our own reasons and leave each other be about it.

That being said, Hendrix rules.

still life only because the entire album has this 6/8 feel in pretty much every section that drives me fucking crazy and I can't stand it. Good music but by no means their best.

Ghost Reveries,cause its the album that I can say that bores more easily.

back on topic no2: If it wasn't for handrix, probably there wouldn't even be amps that can amp metal guitars.

Damnation. Though songs like Windowpane and Closure are great, the lack of dynamics and the verse-chorus-verse structure doesn't really work. Plus I think Death Whispered a Lullaby is one of the worst songs in Opeth's catalogue.

Fuck off, have you no definition of the word "opinion"?

no your right, i apologise, i was just kidding around and im sorry if you took offense to it, im seriously sorry

i dunno, i guess orchid isnt that overrated, i guess i just like it the least :p, i dont think any really are but maybe deliverance is, i heard some guy on this forum say he knew people who liked it cause it didnt have any "fag lyrics", they obviously dont know opeth

It doesn't matter, even if you hate him you have to understand that all this "metal universe" and "corpse eating bands" that you listen to would probably have not existed if it wasn't for him! Most of them say they've got the balls, but jimmy had the balls!

While I like Hendrix music (I still think a lot of bands, like Opeth, are WAY better) and I respect him a lot for his innovative guitar playing, but you can still hate the music. And besides someone else whould most likely come up with the metal universe and corpse eating bands.

As for most overrated album I'd say a Morningrise. And BWP can NEVER be overrated, only underrated. Yes Im BWP Fanboy #1