Most Overrated Opeth Album?

Most overrated Opeth album?

• Total voters
Deliverance from me to.

I really like the title track, A fair Judgement and a few others...in fact it's a brilliant album, but compared to their others it doesn't compare, for me anyways.

Ghost Reveries in my opinion. It just doesn't touch me as much as everything before Blackwater Park.

MAYH and Still Life are the best and most unique (just my opinion).

I really think ppl are just saying Deliverance because it happens to be their least favorite Opeth album, not because they feel it is Opeth's most overrated. I mean, really... on this board or just generally, Deliverance is not at all highly praised. A lot of people like the title track but I don't think most people give a fuck about anything else on it besides maybe A Fair Judgement, and a lot of people just downright dislike it or think its boring. It just makes more sense that Morningrise is in top place because it is so much-loved by Opeth fans.

I think the word "overrated" gets thrown around these days like confetti at weddings. To my "rating" standards, Opeth haven't been overrated yet.

Not even close.

I say GR and Deliverance, when I first moved to a big city and there were more than myself and two people liking opeth there were all these teens saying things like "you don't like gr". They said I don't get it. For the record, I've followed their career EXTREMELY extensively since I began listening to them and I've really dissected everything about this band and really loved them. When D&D came out I was dissappointed because it didn't give me the feeling of the other albums and comparably wasn't up to par. When GR came out I was already aware that it was going to be worse but when I heard it and I could predict where the songs would go I was sickened. That's is fine to like the album but I'm tired of people passing it around like it is fact that GR and Deliverance are "genius" albums. There is no new ground broken, they've done these styles before except in GR there are keyboards and newsflash, "OTHER BANDS USE KEYBOARDS TOO MUCH!"

I say GR and Deliverance, when I first moved to a big city and there were more than myself and two people liking opeth there were all these teens saying things like "you don't like gr". They said I don't get it. For the record, I've followed their career EXTREMELY extensively since I began listening to them and I've really dissected everything about this band and really loved them. When D&D came out I was dissappointed because it didn't give me the feeling of the other albums and comparably wasn't up to par. When GR came out I was already aware that it was going to be worse but when I heard it and I could predict where the songs would go I was sickened. That's is fine to like the album but I'm tired of people passing it around like it is fact that GR and Deliverance are "genius" albums. There is no new ground broken, they've done these styles before except in GR there are keyboards and newsflash, "OTHER BANDS USE KEYBOARDS TOO MUCH!"

find me another album like Deliverance and I will be eternally grateful!
but you can't, and it's totally different from their other albums before it, so why wasn't there new ground broken?
same goes for GR actually ...

and like someone said: Deliverance is the album people on here dislike the most! so how can it possibly be overrated? ... if anything, it is vastly underrated!
unless you really think one of the albums was horrible or simply bad, than the "only" albums that CAN be overrated are Morningrise, Blackwater Park, Still Life and Ghost Reveries ... because these 4 have the most support.

damnation damnation damnation. with a lot of people it's the only opeth album they listen to, so it is by far and away the most overrated opeth album.

I'm talking about from my experience and from the Opeth fans I meet in my area. They came to my city and it was a sold-out show to my surprise. What I was stating is that all I hear from the people here is how genious Deliverance and GR is and for the record, they are mostly teens and posers. Now my opinion on the other hand is that Deliverance and Damnation were both rushed and sound a little premature and forced. I mean, they even said it themselves that they were pressed for time. I like parts of these albums and VERY little of GR. In the past I seriously loved most of the riffs/music in the previous albums. I am a guitar player but listen to GR leads and solos and tell me they aren't some typical, predictable bullshit that Mikael was too good for in the past. Compare those solos to the ones in the first 3 albums. They are reminiscent but too standard.

I choose Orchid only cause there are maybe one or two songs that I like on that album, but the thing is IMHO that every album has its own "feeling" so I have a hard time trying to pick one. I like all albums and I loved GR.

2+ to Tash

Blackwater Park.

It was indeed my breakthrough Opeth album, but these days it just bores me.

I agree with this guy on all sides, Harvest is what made me love opeth for sure but when everybody says it is the best i disagree, an amzing album but no better than the rest i'd say..