Most Overrated Band

"Porcupine Tree is unquestionably one of the most difficult-to-categorize and innovative bands working today."

From the band's MySpace.

HAHAHAHAHAH

They think they are so innovative. Difficult to categorize? lol

Deep Purple and AC-DC are just shit, but I quess it's ok as they're so old.
I can deal with ACDC hate, but Deep Purple? Are you serious? Arguable the dumbest thing I've seen written here and that's saying ALOT. "they are so old" so......without questing most of the most influencial and imo best music came from the late 60's to the mid 70's. Who gives a shit if it's old. If it belts it belts no matter it's age. LOL deep purple shit...what a disgraceful comment.

^ Yeah, AC/DC have done nothing innovative, they're music has been pure regression back from the day the band was formed, but Deep Purple... one of the truly great innovators.

"Porcupine Tree is unquestionably one of the most difficult-to-categorize and innovative bands working today."

From the band's MySpace.

HAHAHAHAHAH

They think they are so innovative. Difficult to categorize? lol
So, as you think it's so funny, how would you categorise them?

So, as you think it's so funny, how would you categorise them?
First of all, Porcupine Tree is not completely progressive. Some songs are, but most of them are not. Second, the avant-garde bands that have a lot of styles mixed are a lot harder to categorise, for example. So how can they say that Porcupine Tree is UNDOUBTLY one of the hardest bands to categorise?

Categorise is a question of personal opinion. In my opinion, Porcupine Tree mixes Space Rock / Metal. Quite simple. Why people act like they were fucking innovative? They have influences from Floydy stuff and Metal, that's all. It seems that no-one ever heard something really hard to categorise.

Yes, my english sucks.

First of all, Porcupine Tree is not completely progressive. Some songs are, but most of them are not. Second, the avant-garde bands that have a lot of styles mixed are a lot harder to categorise, for example. So how can they say that Porcupine Tree is UNDOUBTLY one of the hardest bands to categorise?

Categorise is a question of personal opinion. In my opinion, Porcupine Tree mixes Space Rock / Metal. Quite simple. Why people act like they were fucking innovative? They have influences from Floydy stuff and Metal, that's all. It seems that no-one ever heard something really hard to categorise.

Yes, my english sucks.
The irony is that you yourself seem to be having problems categorising them.

Well, I own all the COF releases. I enjoy very, very much their lyrics and their very unique music. It took me a while to get used to Dani Filth's vox, but it only adds to the uniqueness. NO other band sounds like COF, well, except Hecate Enthroned, but they have their differences......

Are you kidding me? Ever heard of a 80's thrash band Sabbat? Dani Filth basically ripped pretty much every single vocal style/writing of lyrics etc. And COF doesn't sound half to even decent compared to the sound of this underrated band. (i.e if you are really not into goth stuffs) If you like COF that much try listening to the album "Dreamweaver: Reflection of our Past by Sabbat." It's a concept album and also a very good one. Normally I don't see myself as a huge "thrash till death muthafucka" kind of person but I love the aggression these guys had. Highly recommended if you are looking for a classic concept album.

On topic:
Most overrated bands I think: Slayer, COB, Slayer, COF, Slayer oh and did I say Slayer?

I don't dislike Deep purple because it's old, I dislike it because their music is not interesting, sure I do know that without them hundreds of bands wouldn't exist, and that so much influence is after all from them.

If I would have heard Deep Purple BEFORE everything else, I would propably love it. And I would be more critical towards bands like...well every band nowadays, because they just copy eachother. You should know that Opeth too has taken most of the stuff from somewhere else, and is not even that old yet anyway.

Anyway, I do not hate the "elders".

Edit: And Dream Theater is one wonderfull band too, I think Systematic Chaos is their best album since Score. ;D

Blind Guardian.

Except some songs like Nightfall, Mirror Mirror and Bard's Song, the all other songs feel like they are just there to fill the blanks. I bought their live cds ( 3 of them ) when I was interested in them but overall I think they are overrated..but the 3 songs up there are very good thats a fact.