Most Overrated Opeth Album?

Most overrated Opeth album?

• Total voters
Has to be GR, although not enough time has passed to look back in hindsight but its def the album that isnt as good as the others imo, second morning rise & might i add Black rose immortal is sooooooo overated, & demon of the fall

I think it´s because GR still feels like "the new album". I had the same thing with both BWP and D/D when they were new. Most often you get to really appreciate the albums when they´re not the newest ones any longer.

GR is the only opeth album i didn't like when i first heard it, and i'm still not impressed with it. in any case, most people claim it as one of opeth's best which is ridiculous imo.

he was hinting that thats what people are doing.... just saying their least favourite album.

I'm not. I don't think GR is overrated. People always bash it and practically no-one likes The Grand Conjuration, while everyone raves on about Deliverance, the end of deliverance, as well BWP. How can Morningrise be overrated? Barely anyone talks about it, save for criticising TNATSW because Mike said he doesnt' like it.

I say Damnation, because most people I know listen to that Opeth album only, and they won't even give others a chance because of the death metal vocals.

Fair enough but i dont think Damnation should be an option as far as overrated albums go, im sure i'll gET slated but its completley different from all other albums hence its excistence. But as i said if you think its overated as far as the how good other people generally rate the tracks fair enough, but it simply cant be put side by side in a coMparison to all other albums?

While I like Hendrix music (I still think a lot of bands, like Opeth, are WAY better) and I respect him a lot for his innovative guitar playing, but you can still hate the music. And besides someone else whould most likely come up with the metal universe and corpse eating bands.

Respectfully answer!

I'm not. I don't think GR is overrated. People always bash it and practically no-one likes The Grand Conjuration, while everyone raves on about Deliverance, the end of deliverance, as well BWP. How can Morningrise be overrated? Barely anyone talks about it, save for criticising TNATSW because Mike said he doesnt' like it.

some good points here.

how can you say that barely anyone talks about morningrise??? it still is the favourite album for a lot of people and this comes up very often on this forum.

I love MR but it is definitely a fine candidate for overrated if you don't like it so much. It's a HUGE fan favorite as you can tell just from spending time on this here board.

orchid and morningrise...kick-ass neoclassic, folkloric, maiden-style riffs and chord progressions. amazing vocal melodies. but then again it's an album composed of songs with no apparent structure...riff after riff. stop and start again. thats what bothers me about it but apparently it didnt 6-7 years ago