Battle of the Bands, FINAL

Which band do you like better?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Megadeth

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not even a huge Maiden fan. Actually, I've seen Megadeth in concert abou 8 times, and Maiden once - what does that tell you? I've met Mustaine and Ellefson a couple of times too. i didn't even look at the results. Overall this whole poll thing has been asinine. I'm simply stating that these polls have shown me that alot of people voting only have a surface deep knowledge of this music and therefore do not and can not appreciate it as deeply as others.

All around, I just love Maiden. That's why I voted for them. I can put on any Dickinson/Dianno album and still be amazed. But the only Megadeth albums I like are the first three(I can't stand Rust In Peace, it puts me to sleep. Just like ...And Justice for All, which some call Megadeth's ...And Justice. ;)) But even though KIMB is one of my all time favorite albums, I just had to vote for Maiden.

Originally posted by TD
These polls are a waste of time and show how little many people know about heavy rock. It is quite sad really.

Hey TD, lighten up. The question was "which band do you like better?". How does that show people's "knowledge" about heavy rock? Are you saying that if I had more knowledge, I'd like the same things as you? You liked Episode II and I didn't. Is one of us wrong? It doesn't mean we can't have a friendly debate about why we did or didn't like it, but I'm know I'm not going to change your mind, and you know you're not going to change mine.

Yes, these polls are a waste of time. This whole board is a waste of time. But when it comes to wasting time, this board is how I like to waste my own time. The poll is by no means scientific, and if you don't like it, it's your perogative not to vote. Just because Megadeth or Iron Maiden win this thing, it doesn't mean that they are the second best band ever, it just means that the two dozen people that frequent this board had a little bit of fun, and one of these two bands won. Next week, nobody will remember who won, and Iron Maiden fans won't be yelling "Ha! In your face, Megadeth fans!".

In other words, if you don't like the polls, that's your opinion, fine, I respect that. But don't tell me that I don't know what I like or suggest that I'm ignorant about metal because I voted against a band that you liked.

Besides, this whole "Battle of the Bands" thing is just about over, so I'll stop cluttering the board with "asinine" polls, so you won't feel the need to read them and tell us that we know nothing and can't appreciate our music deeply.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go and not deeply appreciate "Refuse to be Denied" again :lol:

the deepest meaning you can get from music is pretty much if you like it or not. Yeah the lyrics can have a say in what it means to you but I'm not going to like enya because her vocals are deep and spiritual. And NFF was completely right about wasting time. You read the posts TD, and posted. Therefore YOU wasted YOUR time. so you're in this happy pile of time wasting with us!
TAke it Easy man. If you let personal TAste get to you so much, Don't EVER watch MTV or turn on the radio to any station but classic rock because it's likely to make you commit suicide. The majority of the youth today have probably NEVER even heard Megadeth, so do you think they'll like MAiden either (if you are even complaining about the fact that megadeth had more votes than maiden)
-Jono-

Originally posted by Jono
the deepest meaning you can get from music is pretty much if you like it or not. Yeah the lyrics can have a say in what it means to you but I'm not going to like enya because her vocals are deep and spiritual. And NFF was completely right about wasting time. You read the posts TD, and posted. Therefore YOU wasted YOUR time. so you're in this happy pile of time wasting with us!
TAke it Easy man. If you let personal TAste get to you so much, Don't EVER watch MTV or turn on the radio to any station but classic rock because it's likely to make you commit suicide. The majority of the youth today have probably NEVER even heard Megadeth, so do you think they'll like MAiden either (if you are even complaining about the fact that megadeth had more votes than maiden)
-Jono-

You know nothing. As I said, I wasn't even making reference to who was winning what poll. What I did learn from reading everyone's post about these artists is that alot of you aren't even familiar with some of the greatest stuff in this genre - that was all I was saying. Anyway, I'm going to go carry on a conversation with the 4 year old down the street because I think he is smarter than you and he knows how to properly use capitalization.

Originally posted by TD
You know nothing. As I said, I wasn't even making reference to who was winning what poll. What I did learn from reading everyone's post about these artists is that alot of you aren't even familiar with some of the greatest stuff in this genre - that was all I was saying. Anyway, I'm going to go carry on a conversation with the 4 year old down the street because I think he is smarter than you and he knows how to properly use capitalization.

Holy shit.

What's your problem? If you don't like the people on this board, then go away. You just make yourself sound like an ass by trying to be superior then everyone. Take your 1000 posts and act important somewhere else, there's nothing wrong with these polls...

Originally posted by Anarchy X
Holy shit.

What's your problem? If you don't like the people on this board, then go away. You just make yourself sound like an ass by trying to be superior then everyone. Take your 1000 posts and act important somewhere else, there's nothing wrong with these polls...

And since when does 1000 posts make you King of the board? I know by posting this you'll call me a "fucking n00b". Well, I am new, but why the hell does my opinion any less than yours? Had i posted "4ntharx is l33t!!!!" I would let you kill me, but my post number has nothing to do with my knowlege of music.

Long live deth!

Originally posted by Brother in blood
And since when does 1000 posts make you King of the board? I know by posting this you'll call me a "fucking n00b". Well, I am new, but why the hell does my opinion any less than yours? Had i posted "4ntharx is l33t!!!!" I would let you kill me, but my post number has nothing to do with my knowlege of music.

Long live deth!

No, man, that's the iron maiden board. You're pretty safe here.

@Td, i just mean that if you have a problem with the polls, leave them alone. WE like them...

Originally posted by Anarchy X
No, man, that's the iron maiden board. You're pretty safe here.

@Td, i just mean that if you have a problem with the polls, leave them alone. WE like them...

I didn't get ripped apart at the Maiden Board, they didn't seem to have a problem with me, even I posted in l33t to piss people off....

I love the polls, and yeah, I know that at all times we take the music too seriously, but we do need to remember that it is just music, and this whole message board is just a diversion from our lives. Am I wasting my time here at this message board? Yes. But I am enjoying wasting that time. If you can't enjoy the time you waste here then you might as well leave. This poll and message board are for fun! SO HAVE FUN GUYS!!!!! (and girls, I need to be politically correct! lol)

Hmm. A real hard decision. Which band do I like better.... I'm gonna go with Deth. I grew up with Maiden bur I don't listen to them much any more but Deth is always in the cd rotation.

Congrats to Megadeth, coming up with a late surge of votes to put the Battle of the Bands away.

I hope all of you (besides TD) enjoyed the matches.

Survivor, Battle of the Bands...who knows what'll happen the next time I'm really bored :lol: