Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Down to the final 4, the competition heats up further with the first semifianl match: Iron Maiden vs. Motorhead.

Iron Maiden benefitted from a coin toss after tying Slayer 9-9, after manhandling Kiss in the first round. Meanwhile, Motorhead followed their first round victory over Judas Priest with a 14-10 win over Faith No More.

So who do you like better?

This is actually a really tough decision for me, and I hope that the winner of this match goes on to win it all (whatever that means). I'd normally say Iron Maiden on the strength of so many strong albums like Powerslave, Number of the Beast, Seventh Son, but then I think about the weaker one's that I never play like Somewhere in Time and No Prayer for the Dying. On the other hand, Motorhead is more consistent, they don't go as high as Maiden, but they don't sink as low.

In the end, I still think I like Maiden better, but since they'll probably win this vote quite handily, I'm going to throw my vote away to Motorhead :p just to make this vote look a little closer.

Originally posted by megajon
does anyone else find motorhead repetitive? i dont mind them but i find that so many ideas are constantly recycled that its hard 2 differentiate songs sometimes!

Yes, I pointed this out in their last match, where they somehow beat Judas Priest. :cry:

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
This is actually a really tough decision for me, and I hope that the winner of this match goes on to win it all (whatever that means). I'd normally say Iron Maiden on the strength of so many strong albums like Powerslave, Number of the Beast, Seventh Son, but then I think about the weaker one's that I never play like Somewhere in Time and No Prayer for the Dying. On the other hand, Motorhead is more consistent, they don't go as high as Maiden, but they don't sink as low.

Somewhere in Time is weak? :eek: I love that one....

Originally posted by Bad Mr Frosty
Somewhere in Time is weak? :eek: I love that one....

I agree, "Somewhere in Time" is a great Maiden album! Honestly I only disliked "Vitual 11" or whatever it was called! The only bad Maiden album in my book, Blaze just sucked on that album. :cry:

Thank god "Brave New World" came out!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I like Somewhere In Time (Sea Of Madness!!! "oooooooh oooooooh oooh!!! :D ) AND Virtual XI :cool: in fact I love or like all of their albums apart from 1990 - '93 era stuff!

So of course I vote for Maiden because I find Motorhead rather formulaic, though it is good party music :headbang: Maiden is excellent musicians, 100+ fabulous songs and the epitome of heavy metal! More Maiden yes please!

Maiden doesn't even really compare to Motorhead, in my book.
Motorhead is good, Maiden is better.

Originally posted by augdawg2
I agree, "Somewhere in Time" is a great Maiden album! Honestly I only disliked "Vitual 11" or whatever it was called! The only bad Maiden album in my book, Blaze just sucked on that album. :cry:

Thank god "Brave New World" came out!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Wait, you prefer BNW over Virtual XI?

vogel.gif

Originally posted by Anarchy X
Wait, you prefer BNW over Virtual XI?

vogel.gif

Easily, I prefer Brave new World over Virtual XI! Come on, it's Bruce -VS- Blaze, that's a battle that Blaze could never win! :D

"But that's just one fellows opinion!"-George Carlin

Cheerz!

AugDawg