Battle of the Bands, Quarterfinal 2

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Today's match should be an interesting one: Iron Maiden vs. Slayer

In round 1, Slayer pulled a dramatic come-from-behind 10-7 victory over Pantera, while Iron Maiden easily romped over Kiss 15-1. Now, the two giants meet with a semi-final birth on the line...

Who do you like better?

This is scary, I hope Maiden are going out now against such a popular band.... :biggrin:

I'm not going to say much execpt that Maiden are my favorite band ever and I will support them always... :)

Eddie-Seventh-Son-Of-A-Seventh-Son2.jpg

Vote Maiden, or Eddie shall devour you all! :D

DAMMIT! I just realized, I don't think I'm gonna have internet access until sunday I hope I don't miss out on voting. I my vote should count! just for the record if I can't get to a comp, I would vote for megadeth and black sabbath unless death and sabbath are pitted agianst each other, in which case I would vote sabbath. Like I said I always vote for who's tatooed on my arm.
-Jono-

This one was VERY tough. Even though without Maiden there would be no Slayer I still voted for Slayer. I'm just more familiar with Slayer and personally like their music (except for God Hates) just a tad more. I hope I don't get flamed too bad for this because I really love Maiden too.

Decision was easy. I just voted for the one with the lower amount of votes. Since I wasn't going to choose I bumped Slayer up to be equal with maiden.

I voted Maiden myself, for me there is no contest.

Jono, bad news...tomorrow's match will be Sabbath-Megadeth, but Since it's a weekend, I'll keep the poll open for 2 days, so try and get your vote in early Monday morning before the poll closes.

smileysex5.gif

MAIDEN!!!!
Just the sight of EDDIE alone should possess one to vote for maiden! And since Eddie's tatooed on me back, i'll do like jono and vote for who is emblazened on my person!

Originally posted by Bodylouseuk
Both bands have had a massive influence on my life....I cannot choose between them.........:confused:

I was feeling the same way. It came down to a coin toss.
HEADS- MAIDEN
TAILS-SLAYER

MAIDEN WON THE COIN TOSS.

Wow, and I'll say it again Wow!

What a tuff decision! Both bands are great in my book, and both bands are highly influencial! Without Slayer(and Venom), there may have never been DeathMetal! Without Iron Maiden, there never would have been Thrash! I voted for Slayer, but I wanted to vote for both, I guess I only voted Slayer cause I listen to them more ofter, but I would have to say that overall(musically speaking) Iron Maiden is the more talented band. Very tuff decision :confused:

Cheerz to the author of this one!

AugDawg

Alright, we'll call it a draw...

Crap, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but it looks like the semi-final birth is going to come down to a coin flip.

I've got my Canadian loonie here :) Heads, Iron Maiden; Tails, Slayer; best two out of three. Here goes...

1st flip: Heads, Iron Maiden

2nd flip: Heads, Iron Maiden

Well, just like penalty kicks in soccer, it's a shitty way to end a classic battle, but Iron Maiden moves on to the semi-finals to face Motorhead later this week.

Buggery! Sodomy! If I'd've got here a bit earlier I could've pipped Maiden into the lead and there would've been no coin toss :(

Great poll, though! Both bands get heaps of respect in my book, funnily enough they're both the first two Metal bands I listened to proper! Maiden is always my #1 though, they got a surefire kick that I never get tired of.