I figured it out !!!!!! I hope Charlie and Scott hear me out on this one

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
I figured out what seperates Anthrax's music from the other "big four" bands out there (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer). It's that their singer doesn't use an instrument other than his throat.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to play Anthrax's music and sing at the same time other than choruses and a few other small moments of a song.

That's what makes their music so good. The singer's performance is way more heartfelt. And ALL the players attack their instrument. Nobody ever questions James, Toms or Daves singing voice like they have Anthrax's two singers. It takes balls to sing in Anthrax. Nobody could ever imagine James, Tom or Dave as frontmen only (without playing guitar or bass). They just would never have made the grade.

John's voice is DEFINITELY the ballsiest of all of them, he is a god. Tom and James are great, but what band was it that wanted John to sing instead of James? Oh yeah, that band. Megadeth is good too, but Dave's voice is not at all what the others are. John blows them all away.

AlexStomp said:
I figured out what seperates Anthrax's music from the other "big four" bands out there (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer). It's that their singer doesn't use an instrument other than his throat.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to play Anthrax's music and sing at the same time other than choruses and a few other small moments of a song.

That's what makes their music so good. The singer's performance is way more heartfelt. And ALL the players attack their instrument. Nobody ever questions James, Toms or Daves singing voice like they have Anthrax's two singers. It takes balls to sing in Anthrax. Nobody could ever imagine James, Tom or Dave as frontmen only (without playing guitar or bass). They just would never have made the grade.
Ooooooooh-Kay.
How much weed did you smoke before writing that?
:D
I kinda guess you're right, though.

are you talking about live performances? cause in the studio they usually record vocals seperately just like all of the other instruments. but i kinda agree. I remember hearing the reason they wanted john in metallica is because james couldn't do so well singing and playing.
it's the same way with james labrie from dream theater. he belts the songs out i don't think he could do it if he was playing, neither could phil anselmo for that matter. come to think of it i can't think of many strong and ranged voices that play guitar...
-Jono-

ThraxDude said:
Ooooooooh-Kay.
How much weed did you smoke before writing that?
:D
I kinda guess you're right, though.

ha ha, You know me well. You know how people usually tip 20 %. Someone tipped me a nug last night as well as introducing me to his girl's hot ass friend. I was speechless.

AlexStomp said:

Heroin is obviously cheaper than usual where this guy lives.

dave gilmour- pink floyd, sings pretty damn well and is a smokin guitar player too.

mustaine's vocals kind of suck especially live he is horrible!

bush is the man.