Rumors of a Big Four tour

Why in the name of fuck would Kerry mention machine head? To hell with that disatisfactory nu metal jargon.

If we're talking about the most influential thrash metal bands touring together finally, it's the "Big Nothing" without Pantera.

Hmm...I never considered Pantera to be a thrash band though. They had some thrashy stuff but they were way heavier than thrash in their niche. Again, some of their stuff was blistering but they weren't around during the Big Four years in the 80's with the people who invented it.

They were Pantera, the glam faggoty band at that time.

exposedpantera7.jpg

Imagine that I didn't type the word "thrash." And "most influential" is basically the same as "most popular" and under that circumstance I would say that Pantera deserves to be there way more than Anthrax does.

Basically what I mean is that Pantera was a bigger band than Anthrax was or will be, so personally I would include them in the "big four" instead.

I agree with Max. Metallica and Exodus both suck now, and Death Angel is mediocre and I've seen them way too many times already.

Also Pantera's gay.

I don't think it's legal for an american metalhead to pass off pantera as gay. It's written in your constitution. I'd consider death angel gayer than pantera.

I don't think it's legal for an american metalhead to pass off pantera as gay. It's written in your constitution. I'd consider death angel gayer than pantera.

Goddamn, whether you're serious or not, you sure say stupid shit rather frequently.

I see where you're coming from Kevin and I agree. My point is that the Big Four were known as that title because they were hugely influential to thrash in the early 80's. It's not a question of how influential a band was during their career; it's a question of how influential they were at the START of their career. Anthrax pretty much died after Stomp 442 but by that time they weren't thrash anymore and that was around the same time that Far Beyond Driven was out. The same argument could be said about a million heavy bands who were hugely influential in their careers, but that wouldn't make any sense. It'd be like doing exactly what Kerry King said with the whole Machine Head thing....where that came from I dunno. He's always been out in left field, though. However, if you put Pantera on there you might as well go ahead and put Machine Head too or Type O Negative. They were all big back then but didn't have anything to really do with the thrash movement.

And this is the crux of it. It's too late, imo. Aside from Megadeth's latest, none of these bands have done anything worthwhile in the past 10 years or so.

It would be cool to see them all on one stage and just see how the chemistry of that show works, like a closed experiment in which fascists and communists are forced to live in the same place for three hours.

Well, that's the big draw right there. You know everyone is gonna say something about the following band coming out. Anthrax is just gonna kiss everyone's ass, Slayer is gonna slam Megadeth, Megadeth is gonna slam Metallica, and Metallica are gonna be the condescending headliners.

It's gonna be like Jerry Springer.

Haha.

Seen 'em all at various points anyway, so I'm no too bothered. Anthrax with Belladona was fun if sort o a novelty event (King may like to talk shit, but saying they're "in pieces" is pretty accurate). Metallica were, surprisingly, one of the best shows I've ever seen. MOP in its entirety was pretty sweet. Megadeth I'll probably continue to see live and, retarded fan-base aside, likely the same for Slayer.