Meaning of Embody The Invisible?

Pallbearer

Passive Member
EMBODY THE INVISIBLE

i'm not sure what the title means. to make visible some disembodied spirit who's currently invisible?

"i demand nothing but i want it all"

the general greedy attitude among the human race, I think.

"what privilege do we have under the sun
that gives us right to the throne?"

exactly why are us humans the dominant species on earth?
why are we allowed to deprive and destroy the planet and other species?

"species come and go, but the earth stands forever still"

this implies at the eventual extinction of our race and how life on
earth will keep happening even after that.

"all river runs towards sea but the sea is never full"

describes continuity, something that happens all the time and will keep happening for ever.

"to discover the loneliness and be too proud to show the wounds
will forever wander alone through the years"

problems of todays society. you may think you know a lot of people but then all of sudden you find out actually you are quite lonely and have few true friends.

you have been "wounded" out there in the cold world but because you take so much pride of yourself you refuse to show your weaknesses and that you're deep down insecure although you've decided to play it cool. therefore none can help you because you don't let anyone come near you and see who the hell you REALLY are; thus you end up wandering alone
through the years.

"but i won't let you near
begging for you to understand
the fear that lives in my soul
which is an untouch spring"

See above. not sure about the line 4. maybe the word "untouch" implies that the person hasn't processed or tried to overcome
his/her fear that lives in his/her soul.

"read, what is written in the silent mouth
what is written in the soul
what is written in the shining silence
we all have to read"

not sure about this AT ALL. maybe it's that often "silent" people
possess more wisdom than the ones "who're talking" (politicians etc.)

"my body will be bent from the burdens
when the shaking floor of life-force
reveals its chasm underneath
if only one could be two steps ahead"

ok, so life-force keeps you alive and it's portrayed as a floor
you walk on. occasionally the floor opens up revealing chasms and if you fall into one it's game over. you'd only have to be two steps ahead (doing a BIT better in life) to avoid ending up in a risk situation where you're on the verge of falling due to "the burdens". so, your body will be bent towards the chasm and it's up to you to regain your balance and avoid plummeting to your destiny.

So whaddaya think?!?!?!

It's pretty sad... that actual discussions like this one don't get many replies, when threads like Old In flames vs New In flames or You are gay vs No YOU are gay type threads have two-three pages of replies.

Ah well.. I probably shouldn't complain.. I never take the time to write somethign intelligent anywhere ;)

BTW.. I remember that some lines on Embody the invisible are from the bible. At least I think so. I read it on some In flames forum (maybe this one?). But maybe you knew that.. as I said.. I didn't want to go through the trouble of reading it.. :) No offence.. I'm just lazy :Spin:

I found the verses.

From Bible, Ecclesiastes 1.

3. What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun?
4. One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
7. All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full: unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

we all have to read"

for me that's the key to the title of the song, try to understand those things that are hidden or aren't obvious to the common eyes.

read (embody) what is written on the silent mouth (the invisible)

The Heartless said:
we all have to read"

for me that's the key to the title of the song, try to understand those things that are hidden or aren't obvious to the common eyes.

read (embody) what is written on the silent mouth (the invisible)
Whoa, I didn't happen to think of that. Thanks! :)

Wow, that's actually pretty insightful and deep for a band with so little English. I just thought it was artsy garbage like on Opeth's Orchid.

What about songs like Pinball Map or Cloud Connected? Or The Hive? What do they mean?

I know what Pinball Map is about, I think Anders said in an interview somewhere that Pinball Map is about life and how crazy things can happen unexpectedly and change the future rapidly. You may meet someone on the street randomly, and shit, in a year they could be your partner in marriage. Everyone is guided by the Pinball Map, getting bounced around not knowing what to expect.

Jabi said:
"but i won't let you near
begging for you to understand
the fear that lives in my soul
which is an untouch spring"

See above. not sure about the line 4. maybe the word "untouch" implies that the person hasn't processed or tried to overcome
his/her fear that lives in his/her soul.
I think the line about an untouched spring is comparing the inner self to an untouched spring of water, a bubbling up of pure emotion from deep inside a person that hasn't been seen or corrupted by the touch of others.