Meat Loaf

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
:headbang:
meatloaf_finalcover3.jpg

Very cool cover. If the music is as good as Back Into Hell I'll have to have that. If it's like Welcome To The Neighborhood I'll pass.

The Monster is Loose mp3

I like it, especially around the four minute mark. Of course it's no "I Would Do Anything For Love" (one of the all time great songs), but it's good to have the Loaf back.

Btw, Magius..we posted the link at the same time so I deleted your post since you did not type anything other than the link.

G.

Cool cover! I didn't realize the ML was working on this! I would've never admitted to any of you all that I actually like this music, but since you brought it up.....good stuff! :headbang:

Yeah, he was on American Idol last night and he sounded good. That was the first time I've actually taken Katherine McPhee seriously on stage. :rolleyes:

edgeofthorns said:
Cool cover! I didn't realize the ML was working on this! I would've never admitted to any of you all that I actually like this music, but since you brought it up.....good stuff! :headbang:

Yeah, he was on American Idol last night and he sounded good. That was the first time I've actually taken Katherine McPhee seriously on stage. :rolleyes:

I like Meat Loaf and I thought he sounded off the whole song. Not that McPhee helped any...Oh well...Im sure the album will be much better than that performance. Matt Johnsen loves Meat Loaf of a different variety. :)

All of meats stuff rules, but what really really surprised the hell out of me is the CD of his VH1 Storytellers performance. That is AWESOME!!! Not only a great live performance but great storytelling by Meat on how the songs were created. Anyone have this?

The_Q said:
All of meats stuff rules, but what really really surprised the hell out of me is the CD of his VH1 Storytellers performance. That is AWESOME!!! Not only a great live performance but great storytelling by Meat on how the songs were created. Anyone have this?

No, but I've heard it was good.

I know he's had some health issues as of late....and the weight battle is always present. But I thought despite all that, he looked and sounded great......He and Katharine McPhee seemed to enjoy being on stage with one another.....How could he not?? She's smokin'.......

One of my favorite singers. When is this album supposed to be released? I might have to pick up a copy...

After this song, if the rest of the album is like this.

Fuck the Naysayers.

Meatloaf headlining ProgPower VIII >_> ((I am joking. Sort of. Meat Loaf is great, but I'd rather see a solid metal act that hasn't performed in the states yet))

This is what happens when Meat Loaf songs aren't written by Jim Steinman. I thought the track was pretty unexciting and I went from "Yay guitars" to "wait...where's the uh...piano...and interesting melody and OH CRAP this isn't Steinman is it?"

I see there are SOME Steinman songs on the album but that's MOST Meat Loaf albums. Hate to say it but chances are without Steinman's stink all over it I don't see it being a worth successor to Bat I & II. I do like the turn the song takes half way through.

I'm sure I'll buy it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but *sigh* I was hoping Bat III would be a true Meat/Steinman effort.

Loved the first disc (all-time classic). Then he broke with his writing partner and I lost interest.

Zod

Note: Anyone who plays "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" on a jukebox should be shot. Drunken couples who break into a spontaneous duet when hearing "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" on a jukebox, should not only be shot, but drawn and quartered as well.