Meatloaf's Daughter

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
I thought we all knew this forever??

Okay, not forEVER, but at least a long time.

Ian on a Meatloaf album would be kind of interesting though.
I may be an idiot, but I honestly had no clue Pearl was Meatloaf's daughter. That's kinda cool though. Maybe Scott will do some work on the next Meatloaf or vice versa. That would very interesting to hear, to say the least.

Damn, I thought she looked familiar. I met her, along with Meat's wife and band in a bar one night after his concert. I even got to meet that chick from his videos, she wasn't as hot in real life though.

My mommy came to visit today. She is making meatloaf for dinner (seriously). What a wonderful coincidence.

I didn't know that's where Pearl came from though. That is news to me.

Hey I actually like Meatloaf. I saw him in concert a couple of times and he puts on a good show. The second time I saw him Pearl sang the female vocals of the show. She had a good voice. It would be cool to hear her and Scott do a song together.

I always thought she was hot and I never knew the "Pearl" Scott was seeing was Meatloaf's daughter. I am a fan of Meat's, I hate to admit, but that record came out when I was in Highschool, and you know how certain music can make times in your life come right back like it weas yesterday. It would be cool if Meatloaf did some singing on the new album. O.k., I am kidding(kinda)

Originally posted by Cincy Vigilante
Hey I actually like Meatloaf. I saw him in concert a couple of times and he puts on a good show. The second time I saw him Pearl sang the female vocals of the show. She had a good voice. It would be cool to hear her and Scott do a song together.

Hi! New here, so naturally a little slow on responding :) ! I was actually searching for info on Pearl and Scott, as I caught the news bit about them being at the Viper Room with her Poppa Loaf a few weeks ago at another site. I'm actually the person who makes the web site link mentioned at the beginning of this thread, so it was rather nice to see that (thank you!!) and if anyone has any info. or photos of Pearl that they'd like to add there, please feel free to let me know. Remember though, i can't post anything "naughty" but i'm always up to hearing about a good bit of gossip just like anyone else :D But am happy to add photos and news items and will give credit of course!!

Anyway! I did also want to chime in and say Pearl really only sings backing vocals for her dad's band, but during the 1998 European "Best of" tour and then the USA 1999/2000 "Storytellers" tour, she was allowed to sing, only occasionally either "Mercedes Benz" (yep, a Janis tune!) or "I Love Rock and Roll" -- it happened more on the European tour then the USA one. Patti Russo is the female vocalist who does the duets and other such songs with Meat Loaf. And when Patti and Pearl sing the backing vocals together, unless it's the higher keys, you're more then likely hearing Patti's voice as she has quite a powerful voice. Pearl works well in harmonies and high spots of tunes.

For those interested in the Meat Album (supposedly titled Testify): It's actually being said to be a totally different spin for Meat, along the lines of a Heavy Metal rocker (supposedly!). Pearl has recorded a duet with Dad, titled "Man of Steel" which was penned by Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue and James Michael. There is no word if Scott Ian has any part in the album but i think that would make it a cool listen! Does anyone here know for sure either way?

I really like Anthrax, my sister turned me on to them as she did with Cinderella, Slayer, Motley Crue, and many many more bands. I really loved seeing them in concert on the Maximum Rock tour in 2000, that was an awesome show! Alright, sorry for such a long post here, trying to tell a bit about myself while relaying some "news" info. just isnt easy to be short and to the point :)! Thanks for listening and take care!!
Jen

Yeah, that makes you sound like a REAL fan, now doesn't it??

You're whining about how you don't like the board, yet I don't see you leaving.

You should also work on getting a grasp of the English language, it's getting really annoying.

I don't know much about Meatloaf to voice an opinion on them, but Motley Crue should call it a day.... no wait, they should just keep writing songs for Nudey Bars.