Medley from the new Svartsot Album "maledictus eris"

thanks.
RH guits are epiphone Les Paul with Lundgren M7 through a blend of Racktifier and 5153.
Leads are an ibanez RG with 81-7 through the Überschall.

I've been told the "signature tone" thing before, but tbh I have no idea WHY I have it...I'm using lots of different amps, mics, cabs etc...so I guess it can only be the fact that I'm probably tweaking the amps until I think it sounds good, so I guess it's a bit of my taste going into setting the amps or so.
but as long as people dig the tones I'm cool with that, lol.

all real drums as well btw, fantastic drummer

A signature tone is no bad thing when it's as badass as that! I'll probably even get myself a copy of this release, never really listened to Svartsot before...

Damn, your server still hates me. Can't load this :(

EDIT: Just got it. Nice stuff! This was the same thing you were showing me a few months ago as you were finishing the mix, I think? Come up good.

I loved how this band said "we don't want triggered drums, edited stuff etc, but we're fully aware that it won't sound like [insert generic core band], make it breathe" (usually what you hear is "we don't want triggered drums but it has to sound like AILD")....
So I had the chance to give them a really natural production, and since the drummer is one of the best I've ever worked with it was also possible to get a good drum sound.
Some reviewers don't like that too much, cause they're not used to a mix like this anymore, but I gotta say I'm really digging it a lot myself.

ermz: yes, but you had a way earlier mix.