MEGADETH DVD

forgottenglory

Earth. Soul. Rock n' Roll
Jan 26, 2003
London, UK
www.forgottenglory.com
Has anybody bought the Megadeth DVD Arsenal of Megadeth? I bought mine from amazon.co.uk. I received it without the plastic wrap and I've got a funny feeling that my copy is defective. I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I would like to know if the artwork on the DVD has those scratches everywhere on them?

Also there are a couple of tracks where the timer on my DVD freezes but the DVD keeps playing. The video images appears on screen as usual but without sound for a minute or so before the sound comes back. One of the videos I can think of is INSOMNIA. The muted sound happens from the very beginning of the song.

Also is there some kind of censorship on the DVD? On some songs (I can't remember a title in particular) the video is 'bleeped' and there are times where you can see for a second or two the 'Deth skeleton hand appear on screen and then disappear again. This I think appears on two songs.

I would like to know if those of you who have the DVD have experienced the same problem as me or it is my DVD that's defective so then I can decide whether to return it to amazon or not.

Thanks guys!

nope but i heard about it and it sounds cool

p.s. to evrybody going out to buy this buy 3 vulgar videos from hell as well

forgottenglory said:
Thanks guys! Looks like I've got a defective DVD and will have to return it. Damn!

I have this DVD, and it's been COMPLETELY edited for language. Every song with the use of 'colorful language' has the extended vocabulary edited out, which is why there's constant bursts of silence throughout. It totally spoils my listening enjoyment to have the record company be godplayers in telling me what I can & can't listen to.

What's the point in editing it? We all know exactly what the lyrics contain, why else would we buy the video's in the first place? I don't want a half-assed karaoke edit!!! I want the real deal.

The skulls & skeletons that appear on the Disc 2 - contain hidden bonus footage. If you click your select button on the remote control (or hover over it with your mouse and click if using your PC to view it) the DVD will switch to the bonus shit.

On Disc 1, at the end of No More Mr. Nice Guy - whenever the screen brings up '1990' - press select or click over the 1990 with your mouse & you'll be taken into the best footage on the DVD. Marty Friedman playing Wake Up Dead during his audition for Megadeth.

Tyler Durden said:
I have this DVD, and it's been COMPLETELY edited for language. Every song with the use of 'colorful language' has the extended vocabulary edited out, which is why there's constant bursts of silence throughout. It totally spoils my listening enjoyment to have the record company be godplayers in telling me what I can & can't listen to.

What's the point in editing it? We all know exactly what the lyrics contain, why else would we buy the video's in the first place? I don't want a half-assed karaoke edit!!! I want the real deal.

THAT my friend, I found to the the silliest and most irritating thing. A lot of people have the Rusted Pieces DVD and they know exactly what Dave said during the songs. To edit a conversation for swear words would have been OK with me but on a song...it spoils the whole listening experience and makes my heart jump thinking there is something wrong with the DVD. But I don't think this is the reason why there are those burst of silence on some of the tracks. These have nothing to do with censorship.

What I noticed is that the sound mutes for the first few seconds on the songs at are at the top of the list of the index. I don't have the titles in mind but check the titles at the top of the index list when you hit more. Whenever you 'play all' it is those songs at the top of the index on each 'page' that will suffer from the muted sound at the beginning of the track. However, if you access the songs/titles from the index and play them individually they play fine. Very strange indeed...

From a usability point of view, the other annoying thing is that there are no titles at the beginning of each chapter of the DVD. So I have to constantly keep referring to the DVD box index to guess where I am on the DVD, especially towards the end of DVD 2 where I'm not very familiar with Megadeth's work. Whoever put these DVDs together should have given more thought to it.

Tyler Durden said:
The skulls & skeletons that appear on the Disc 2 - contain hidden bonus footage. If you click your select button on the remote control (or hover over it with your mouse and click if using your PC to view it) the DVD will switch to the bonus shit.

On Disc 1, at the end of No More Mr. Nice Guy - whenever the screen brings up '1990' - press select or click over the 1990 with your mouse & you'll be taken into the best footage on the DVD. Marty Friedman playing Wake Up Dead during his audition for Megadeth.

Thanks for the tip. I will check those hidden treasures out.

forgottenglory said:
What I noticed is that the sound mutes for the first few seconds on the songs at are at the top of the list of the index. I don't have the titles in mind but check the titles at the top of the index list when you hit more. Whenever you 'play all' it is those songs at the top of the index on each 'page' that will suffer from the muted sound at the beginning of the track. However, if you access the songs/titles from the index and play them individually they play fine. Very strange indeed...

From a usability point of view, the other annoying thing is that there are no titles at the beginning of each chapter of the DVD. So I have to constantly keep referring to the DVD box index to guess where I am on the DVD, especially towards the end of DVD 2 where I'm not very familiar with Megadeth's work. Whoever put these DVDs together should have given more thought to it.

I totally agree - the whole thing is so badly indexed & spliced together with spit & chickenwire, I wonder why they bothered in the first place. I only bought it for the Friedman audition footage... I only wish there was more of it and maybe then I wouldn't feel so ripped off. I urge everyone to NOT buy this DVD - unless they want to be majorly disappointed...

The cover looks really cool...so I thought probably the material would be as well...ah never judge a book by its cover! I never seem to learn!!!! Having said that some more shit from the arsenal is the fluctuating sound that is present on some of the tracks in the beginning. I could go directly to Rusted Pieces for better sound quality. Other than that I find everything after Youthanasia a bit bland.

Having said that I don't know whether I would not recommend anyone not to buy it because there are some great moments as well. But it definitely wasn't the bang I was expecting from Megadeth.