MEGADETH & HELOWEEN remasters rumours !

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
Well it come to my knowledge that Megadeth and Helloween are thinking releasing their catalogue in remasters editions. How I know this?! Well, remember that friend that "feeds me" sometimes with some "first hand news"? I talked to him a few days ago, talked about many stuff in music and then he told me that in the Megadeth camp are negotianions going on with Capitol records to re-released their first 5 albums in remastered version with bonus tracks(some would be previously unreleased songs and others live ones)and the booklets would be worked new with liner noted from Mr Mustaine himself. I was really happy with this(if it will happen) but I ask him why Cryptic Writings in not in the package, but my friend couldn't answered to this.
Then he told me that Helloween was thinking the same think, well almost.The thing is,the band and Sanctuary Records have an the idea to re-release Helloween's Mini-album(or EP) seperated in remastered edition, with new booklet and bonus tracks that could include previously unreleased songs as well the demos from the Death Metal demotape "Metal Invaders" and "Oernst of Life".
Helloween's first album Walls Of Jericho would be re-release also in remeaster edition, new booklet and bonus tracks that might be the songs included in the Judas Maxi-single: s/t; Guardians (live); Guardians (live); Victim Of Fate (live); Cry For Freedom (live); or this songs or others live songs taken from the bans archives.
But the Keepers seem to be in the most secret, since my friend only could tell me that, like the others, they will be remastered, with new booklets and bonus tracks and when I ask him if he had any idea which bonus tracks would be included and he told me maybe b-sides from the singles taken from these album or unreleased stuff(great answer :rolleyes: I knew I shouldn't have ask).
Finally, when I asked him when this would be released he answered this " well they will release this remasters when the time is right" :lol: I deserved this coz I was wanting to know too much.

Ok, now that I shared this with you, share your thoughts with me :)

I like the Helloween stuff with Kiske on vox the best. Great singer. Losing their original drummer Ingo Schwichtenberg was a major loss. That guy was an insane player.
Didn't Megadeth just rerelease the "Killing is my business" album? I'd actually like to hear the "So Far... So Good" album remixed. That album was really good, but the mix doesn't do it justice. Jeff Young's guitar tracks sound like they were slapped on at the last minute.
34.gif