MEGADETH Invites Indonesian President To Attend Concert

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
MEGADETH has invited Indonesian president Joko "Jokowi" Widodo to attend its upcoming concert at the JogjaROCKarta festival in Yogyakarta on October 27. "We are hoping Indonesian President Joko Widodo @jokowi and Governor Ganjar Pranowo @ganjarpranowo will accept our invitation to see us perform in Jogjakarta on Oct. 27. We can't wait to play @jogjaROCKarta and meet you both there," the band tweeted on Tuesday (September 18). According to The Jakarta Post, Central Java Governor Ganjar Pranowo replied to the tweet in Javanese: "Thank you so much, bro @Megadeth, by God's willing I will see the show." MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine previously tweeted an invitation to Jokowi in April 2017, asking the president, who was abroad at the time, to watch the band's performance at last year's edition of the Hammersonic festival. "I'm hoping Indo PM Joko Widodo @jokowi will be back in time," Mustaine wrote. "I'd love to invite him to our show. He's a metal fan, and I think that's cool!" The 57-year-old Widodo, who served as governor of Jakarta before being elected president in 2014, attended METALLICA's August 2013 concert in the city — 25 years to the day after the release of the band's fourth album, "…And Justice For All", and more than 20 years after their tumultuous first show in Indonesia. Back in May 2013, Widodo had to turn over his autographed METALLICA bass guitar to the government temporarily, while authorities determined whether the instrument was merely a gift or a violation of ethics rules. Widodo received the bass from METALLICA bassist Robert Trujillo, but had to give it up to the state within 30 days, according to laws regarding gifts to state officials. Widodo has professed love for heavy metal bands like METALLICA, MEGADETH, LAMB OF GOD and NAPALM DEATH in the past.

We are hoping Indonesian President, Joko Widodo @jokowi and Governor, Ganjar Pranowo @ganjarpranowo will accept our invitation to see us perform in Jogjakarta on Oct 27. We can't wait to play @jogjaROCKarta and meet you both there.

— Megadeth (@Megadeth) September 19, 2018

Matur nuwun sanget mas @Megadeth, Insha Allah saya nonton https://t.co/hIZ9e9QKt6

— Ganjar Pranowo (@ganjarpranowo) September 19, 2018

I'm hoping Indo PM Joko Widodo @jokowi will be back in time. I'd love to invite him to our show. He's a metal fan, and I think that's cool!

— Dave Mustaine (@DaveMustaine) April 30, 2017
megadethindonesia2018poster_0.jpg

Continue reading...