Megadeth - Live in SD dvd clip posted

In Brodericks defense, if Ibanez just made me a fuckin spiffy custom guitar (that I was using in a 7-string oriented band) and got a bigger, better gig playing with a huge band, I'm gonna play whatever guitar I want and if it's the custom shop Ibanez that just got made for me (that I also probably paid quite a bit for, regardless of my status), then so be it.

Somewhat unrelated, but I know that Jeff Hanneman still plays that Jackson Soloist all the time, even though he has an endorsement with ESP, because it was the last guitar he actually had to pay for...at over $2k, even with some free guitars, I'd probably play my custom still also.

On the seven string note, I have several 6 string guitars that are plenty nice, but I have an ESP SC607B that I've been playing for the last five years or so, and even though I don't always use the low string on it, it's the most comfortable guitar in my hands and end up using it 75% of the time. I can definitely identify with him using it.

This sucks!
I'm not the biggest fan of their new stuff - but I would've loved to watch Megadeth on HDNET - which I do have - but I didn't know it was on!

FWIW - Rust In Peace is probably one of my "all-time-fav's"

(just so nobody thinks I am hatin' on 'em)

try mixing live stuff, you have to pull the hall mics down in the songs unless you want a wash of cymbals and mush, especially in arenas. Usually the crowd mics are pretty rotten acoustically so theres nothing you can do.

Exactly Andy ;) people just don't get it.
If you listen to the live albums metallica put on their site as digital downloads you can hear that those live don't have hall mics really that loud, they sound very direct but I don't get why people don't say anything about that stuff lol.

Are the vox just out of sync on that clip or is that just a terrible overdub??? Surely Daves original vox couldn't have been that bad?

FWIW - I setup my Satellite to record the next airing of this program.

According to my schedule, that date is 11/09/08

Just in case anybody else is interested.