MEGADETH: New Guitarist Rumors Heat Up

I agree with Diabolik. Megadeth sucks... except for maybe four or five songs.

Yep...
What were we thinking!!!!??!!??

Megadeth has only written 4 or 5 good songs ever... :rolleyes:

The funny thing is I bet any amount of money in the world that the vast majority of people who make absurd comments like, "Megadeth hasn't released anything good in 15 years" hasn't heard anything recent from the band, so how the hell would they know?

Exactly.
Sure, many long running bands may not release output up to par with "classic" releases....
Though blanket statements like that are just absurd.

Yep...
What were we thinking!!!!??!!??

Megadeth has only written 4 or 5 good songs ever... :rolleyes:

The funny thing is I bet any amount of money in the world that the vast majority of people who make absurd comments like, "Megadeth hasn't released anything good in 15 years" hasn't heard anything recent from the band, so how the hell would they know?

I actually have heard lots of the new stuff Megadeth has put out. I have as dvdr which records most metal video shows....I always stop and watch bands I used to think were good, every Megadeth song ends up sucking more than the last. I cant explain your bad taste in music. maybe you can talk to aprofessional about it if your healthcare can cover it.

I cant explain your bad taste in music. maybe you can talk to aprofessional about it if your healthcare can cover it.

:lol: X 1000000

Sorry I don't hang out at metal haven with all the other loners trying desperately the listen to music that no one has ever heard of.

Music doesn't suck just because more than you and two other dateless losers at Metal Haven know about it.

Ok.Thx.Bye

:lol: X 1000000

Sorry I don't hang out at metal haven with all the other loners trying desperately the listen to music that no one has ever heard of.

Music doesn't suck just because more than you and two other dateless losers at Metal Haven know about it.

Ok.Thx.Bye

I dont think you realize....once a band gets popular, they loose thier skills.

I have become the Kvltest guy in the chicagoland area. watch out. My motto is that if you cant read the font of the band and it has a black and white cheap cover....it has to be great!

Don't forget the xerox cover!!!

See, that's the difference. You abandon every 80's band, and assume they suck now.
Plenty of 80's bands still making killer material.

Sure, Megadeth is hit or miss, with plenty of misses, but they are recovering nicely.

You definitely do have the market cornered on discovering new bands.

Just plenty of older ones that still kick arse in my book.

Don't forget the xerox cover!!!

See, that's the difference. You abandon every 80's band, and assume they suck now.
Plenty of 80's bands still making killer material.

Sure, Megadeth is hit or miss, with plenty of misses, but they are recovering nicely.

You definitely do have the market cornered on discovering new bands.

Just plenty of older ones that still kick arse in my book.

I still like lots of 80's bands...Helloween,Manowar, Kreator, Destruction, Rage, Running Wild, Voivod, and may more. I still listen to my Rigor Mortis, Vio-Lence, INC, Forbidden, Defiance, and Nuclear Assault disc. I never said I abandon the 80's stuff. I think Megadeth and Slayer have become safe bands.

I just think Megadeth are SO OVERRATED. It is people who like Slayer. I think their are lots of people who listen to them because they think they have to like them to be "into" metal. I think a lot of these bands are so overrated and riding the crest of the wave of a great disc they have done many years and even decades ago. It is very rare when you see these bands play live and you are excited to hear the new stuff.

They are indeed safe bands from a commercial perspective. That I agree.
Slayer and Megadeth both have a handful of solid tracks on each new release.

I think Megadeth are rated just fine. No one, even their most hardcore fans, think they release amazing material.
I think the buzz for them now though is that their newest is probably their most solid since Rust in Piece.
It's a damn fine release.

Though don't almost every 80s band play it safe when they play live?
I mean there are always people getting into their classic stuff, so they perform it live.

I don't think Testament will base their live setlist on their Spitfire releases, know what I mean?

Well, it's official now.
Chris Broderick in Megadeth.

I really thought Nevermore were going to be on board for P'Fest this year. Just a hunch. Obviously I was wrong!