Megadeth peace sells

Menza :worship:

Oh my god! :headbang:

I believe firmly that If Nick would stayed in Megadeth until these days, all new albums and Megadeth live work would be at top quality; much near that the best times of the band.

Junior, Broderick, and the f-n clockwork of a drummer that is Drover is pretty godly. That new album was pretty dreadful, but Endgame was ferocious. Ofcourse, the songs aren't as memorable as Peace, but that album's an untouchable classic.

I don't like Drover. He seems like a really nice guy, but he's like a robot who plays behind the beat when he's drumming. None of the pure energy Nick, Gar and Jimmy had, and he never EVER pushes the tempo at all.

Saw Megadeth at Graspop on Saturday. They were as tight as ever and Chris Broderick absolutely NAILED every Marty solo! If it wasn't for the video screens showing close-ups of him playing I could have sworn that Marty way back in the band.

I've been listening to a lot of peace sells and it's come to my attention that Gar was a hell of a lot better than I first gave him credit for! His drum work is amazing if you just listening through the heroin addled production :lol:

It's just a shame you can't always hear what he is doing with his feet and on the ride and hats!

This is why a band is over the rest... The times when Nick Menza was on Megadeth, you can listen not a drum kit going with the song. You can hear an instrument as much important as all others and being part of every detail of a song. That is for Metallica too. The best moments of the greatest metal bands. The drummer is not a drummer. He is another magic piece that is not flowing with the song, you can listen that instrument making something different and being a front instrument as all others. You can hear the drums in a song like the drummer saying: "I'm here I'm part of this and my work is as important as all the other parts".
That makes the great difference from a normal drum sound in a song. You could be as thechnical as noone, but only a few had magic behind a drumset.

I totally agree,this goes especially for the bass guitar too.Fantastic performance /fantastic player/KILLER TONE

to sum it all up --

Rust in Peace Sells but who's Buying

albums that defined speed metal at its best

countdown to extinction is an awesome album too and i love killing is my .... and alot of so far -- but the first 2 that i mentioned are for me what speed metal is all about .

I had the pleasure of working on mastering a few ex-megadeth and current members projects ( David Ellefsons & Jimmy Digrasso band " F5 " and Nick Menza's band " Deltanaut " ) and they are all fine musicians which was an honor to work with and enjoyed it very much

Peace sells to me is the best Megadeth production. I dont know what happened, but they seem to play only the title song and wake up dead live from that album anymore.
Dave has also been an overrated guitar player for a long time. I think he was on another level in the past. Of course lot of shit has happened in his life since that.

Anyone talking about Dave Mustaine has to wash his mouth. Dave is at the top of the metal musician world.

Dave is a moron when it comes to guitar, he doesn't know shit about the instrument. His playing though, it's pretty flawless. I've never seen a live video where he fucks up, and his solo's from the older days were FAST AS FUCK.